msn 'clone'

The Nightingale

Baseband Member
MSN 7.5 'Clone'- Any ideas??

Hiya!

I was wondering whether it was possible to save a clone of MSN ( so contacts, avatars etc.) I'm reinstalling my op and have over 200 contacts so it would take ages to put them all back again. :eek:

If it is at all possible please inform me of how you do this!!

Many thanks...

click on "Contacts" (at the top left of msn), then click on "Save Contacts List...".

Avatars you would have probably already on your computer as images, so save those to a cd-r(w) or whatever.

You do relise tho, where ever in the world you sign in, all your contacts will be there always....

don't really know if that helps, but good luck...

I could be wrong, but arent your contacts stored with your e-mail regardless of what computer you're on? At least that's how it is for me...

ya thats right, msn just keeps them all so when u sign in with your email all your contacts will still be there

Will said:
click on "Contacts" (at the top left of msn), then click on "Save Contacts List...".

Avatars you would have probably already on your computer as images, so save those to a cd-r(w) or whatever.

You do relise tho, where ever in the world you sign in, all your contacts will be there always....

don't really know if that helps, but good luck...

So if I was to download MSN again and sign in would all the contacts/images be there anyway? So I wouldn't have to save them, or do I still need to 'save contacts'?

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

Yes, your contacts are stored with your email, but I don't think emoticons or avatars are. Not sure... I'd save just in case anyway.

the only way you would have to readd your contacts is if you are changing your email address.

Just a few more questions- sorry to be a pain. :eek:

If I click on 'save contacts' will it save the contacts to some sort of database so you can log in and they will be there again or do you save them to a data disc?

Also, if you 'save contacts' will that also save the emotions/smilies that are next to the contacts? If not how do I save these?

Finally can the little captions ( sometimes at the top of the MSN screen and there are others next to all your contacts) be saved too? How do I do that?

Thanks for all the help. :)

The Nightingale said:
Just a few more questions- sorry to be a pain. :eek:

If I click on 'save contacts' will it save the contacts to some sort of database so you can log in and they will be there again or do you save them to a data disc?

Also, if you 'save contacts' will that also save the emotions/smilies that are next to the contacts? If not how do I save these?

Finally can the little captions ( sometimes at the top of the MSN screen and there are others next to all your contacts) be saved too? How do I do that?

Thanks for all the help. :)

Just bumping up this topic to see if anyone can answer my final questions. :)

Back
Top Bottom