Your Computer Temps

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
just wanna no wot everyones temps r ur pc, and if the room temp goes higher then normal does that make the temps in the pc higher?

r these temps 2 high? they r with the room temp a little warmer, but not much

idle

Processor Temperature : 38 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 41 °C
Temperature GPU : 55 °C

load

Processor Temperature : 53 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 46 °C
Temperature GPU : 65 to 80 °C

Idle:

cooltemps28dn.jpg

Load:

coolload24vq.jpg

Yes, rises in ambient room temperatures will cause higher pc temperatures due to less atmospheric heat disapation.
Your temps are fine for a Prescott (mine is a Northwood, the last of the cool running chips) and considering the temps of your cpu (and thus ambient air temperature) your gpu temps are OK, (I presume you have a stock cooler on your gpu?)
And I also note you have the Asus "idle temp bug" as I call it where your m/board idles at a higher temp than the cpu, I have seen this in 5 or so Asus m/boards so far and have yet to decide if it really is a true reading or a sensor bug.

EDIT: Are you sure that's a 3DMark03 score ??? it looks more like a 3DMark05 score. You should be getting around the 10-12,000 mark in 3DMark03

iv left the GPU as it was wen i got it, its an XFX 1. this is a pic of the heatsink on the motherboard, wen u touch it, its really hot, it could even burn someone i bet, just wanna no if anyway nos wot temp it should be and the highest temp is 4 it. and wots the highest temp 4 a harddisk?

the normal temps 4 my pc is wen idle, wen the room is at normal temp

Processor Temperature : 36 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 35 °C
Temperature GPU : 52 °C
Hard Disk Temperature: 32 °C

A455-1062-e.jpg

I usually run about 42C on my processor after about + or - a few mins of playing AOE3 @ 100% cpu usage after 4 hours, and my graphics card usually runs max of about 52C but at idle is like 45C

Thermal throttling for P4's kicks in at around 70C, I believe core shut down for Prescotts is 90C so you are well under that, no problems. The red passive cooler appears to be your Northbridge chipset cooler, these can get toasty, you can help cool this by directing a case fan onto it, or modding a fan to cool it directly, I don't know off hand of any third party coolers for that boards northbridge.
BTW, an excellent board from the couple of reviews I've read, good score :)

As to the hdd question, that is fine as far as temps go, my 200Gb is my slave, set to power down after 30 minutes, hence the lower temps, my 120Gb main hdd has a hdd cooler under it, consisting of two 40mm fans which really help to keep it cool.

ive seen a controll for "thermal throttling" in my motherboard bios, what is it and what does it do?

When enabled, thermal throttling will reduce the current to the cpu, thus reducing speed, in the event of overheating, preventing damage to the cpu core.

Back
Top Bottom