Getting rid of Spyware!

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know any free and trustworthy programs I can download to get rid of all this spyware on my computer?

Thanks.

This stuff is getting really annoying. Weird thing is is that the spyware is trying to sell me an anti-spyware software.

Pop ups that look like they are from Windows are actually them telling me I have a serious problem with my computer and when I click the link it takes me a software page. Really shady software page too. Other times it goes into shut down mode automatically and at the last second they cancel it and the software page shows up again.

:confused: :confused:

go to majorgeeks.com and locate the free download for " hijackthis".
once you have got it, run it and save the logfile that it creates.
then leave it on your menue bar and open up a new ie page and search for " hijackthis.de".
once you are on the hijackthis.de home page you will need to post the logfile which you created on the first hijackthis page.
once you have pasted it into hijackthis.de you can run the analyze option.
it only takes a few seconds, and you will be able to see any nasties which are operating on your p.c.
you then need to go back to the first hijack this and check the boxes of any nasties that hijackthis.de showed up.
hijackthis will then remove them.
see how it goes and get back to us.
woz

Microsoft's Windows Defender. It's free and does a scan of your drive. THen it shows you the results and tells you if you want the program to get rid of it.

if u are using internet explorer stop now as it gives u more spyware then any other browser, download adaware se personal and spybot search and destroy, update them both then run them both with the computer in safe mode, as for an alternative to internet explorer i recommend firefox www.getfirefox.com

I always find that using Ad-aware that always helps, I find it a really powerfull software.

adaware, spybot s & d, windows defender, hijack this (for bigger problems), trend micro online scanner, avg. those are what i use for both viruses and spyware/adware and find they seem to do the job as most people have agreed above.

Back
Top Bottom