Windows

Hard to compare them all. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. Windows isn't for everyone. Neither is Linux or Mac OS X.

Well I mean now you can normally mention linux in my school and a person would have an idea of what it was. 2 years ago said linux and they'd say somthing like "Isn't that illegal" Or somthing, I mean linux I think will be the biggest problem for microsoft. Its a free OS you simply need to DL it I mean you can buy the CD for like 2 bucks off ebay. And one day I think it will take over 50% of the market will just take a few years. I know that my Uncle mike (spoke with him yesterday) said he is going switch my grandma to linux so her grandchildern will have a harder time installing things on it.

Mac is obsolete. You can do everything you used to only be able to do on a Mac on Windows now. (that may have sounded a little confusing). There's no reason to get a Mac unless your scared of a few viruses.

Mac users = Lame asses who supplement water with cough syrup and go to the doctors after a tick bite

Windows users = Badasses who take shit from everybody and drink hard liquor and smoke cigars to ward off infection

Yeah, that is true. Windows has the most compatible programs out of all the operating systems out now.

ÛžTheJewÛž said:
Mac is obsolete. You can do everything you used to only be able to do on a Mac on Windows now. (that may have sounded a little confusing). There's no reason to get a Mac unless your scared of a few viruses.

Mac users = Lame asses who supplement water with cough syrup and go to the doctors after a tick bite

Windows users = Badasses who take shit from everybody and drink hard liquor and smoke cigars to ward off infection

I use both, what does that make me lol? Mac's are very simple and not complex at all. They are far easier to use than windows XP based machinnes for many tasks.

I run a domain (Not windows domain) on some Mac's, and if a person with no prior mac experince can setup this, they have to be doing something right :)

ÛžTheJewÛž said:

That was a little disrespectful to Mac users... but I'm windows anyway, so I don't really care lol :D

Windows Users: 99% of Windows users are stupid. Thats where we get the term user friendly. Makes it so that dumb people can run it. This is why there are so many viruses, Because stupid people are so easily exploited.

Mac Users: For People that are obsessed with the old "Its good for video editing" crap. It's not that great anymore. PC's can do the exact same thing, and beyond these days. There are so many advancements with PCs every day, but practically no one is advancing the Mac. It's not a profitable thing to do. Mac Users think theyre being smart by puting themselves above windows, but really, they limit themselves by restricting their application production to only a small few corporations.

Linux Users: The Elite; It takes a bit of know how to run a linux box. There are very few viruses written towards linux distributions. Plus, on the off chance you do get a virus, If your using a linux box. More than likely, You can get rid of it. Plus, for those of you saying that you can't do as much on a linux based pc as you can on windows. Well, Sorry Charlie, Incorrect. You can do EVERYTHING that a windows pc can do. (Thats right, Even Gaming, You just need to know where to get the right tools.)

I Feel That Windows will get the most competition from Linux in the near future. Even with some distributions branching off and charging, they are even still less expensive than windows, and you can install all linux operating systems on multiple boxes.

Also, I don't really know much about it, but We can't rule out Google's rumored operating system. I really think googles goal is to take over microsoft lol Cant wait.

THis is interesting. Obviously, Mac and Linux are Windows compeition. However, Microsoft kind of soften the blow a bit with getting Apple to have Windows preinstalled on their PCs later this year when their new generation of Intel PCs come out.

Right now, Bill's not too worried about Linux even though Linux is a proven OS.

Back
Top Bottom