LOL, check this out!!! Mac virus threats increases!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
McAfee has attacked Apple's smug television campaigns that claim its operating system provides virus-free computing. While there is an element of 'they would say that wouldn't they' in the annoucement, McAfee has come up with a figure which says that the number of vulnerabilities on the Macintosh platform has increased by about 200 percent in the past three years - from 45 in 2003 to 143 in 2005.

This may be very low compared to the Windows operating systems, but the Mac operating system is just as vulnerable to targeted malware attacks as Windows, McAfee said.

A spokesMcAfee said that, as Apple gets a higher profile, it will become a bigger target and hackers will increasingly point their digital 'lock picks' toward Mac OS X.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002979390_btdownload08.html

It will be full blown in a matter of months. Mac will eventually be just as vulnerable as Windows. Especially when they'll be able to boot with Windows later this year as they will have native support. Thanks a lot Steve.

Hahah, YES! Now I have something to shove in my sister's face. She constantly bugs me about me running Windows, since she owns a Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium and is an avid fan of Mac OS X. :D Yes...how glorious...revenge is mine. :D

Yup, that would be something. Mac users has it coming for them, finally. But with proper protection of your PC, it should be ok. I've been using Windows like forever and I've been forced to reformat only twice during the whole time due to virus.

Haha, I've only had to reformat because of my own stupidity. Once was because I did something wrong when I was installing the Vista Transformation Pack and another time was when I thought my Windows was corrupt installation was corrupt when it was really my motherboard. Now I'm protected. I have ZoneAlarm Pro 6 for my firewall, two anti-virus programs and five anti-spyware programs. :D

I got that one stupid virus like a few years ago, I think it was the one that keep telling you the computer will shut down or restart in one minute. It would keep rebooting on and off by itself. It was my fault. I didn't have an antivirus software installed at the time because I was debating which software to use. Sheshhh, if I had an AV software installed and updated, things would've been a bit different. The other time, I had no idea how I got it. I had a lot of quarantined viruses. Maybe that had somethng to do with it. I couldn't even remove them.

i really like the mac interface A LOT better than windows. It has the plain yet sleek look to it. Windows is attempting to look like that but has a ways to go.

Back
Top Bottom