Intel Core 2 Duo

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I thought this might be interesting info on Intel's new naming convetions:

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=73014&cat_id=581

73014_matter.jpg

Yes. It will own. Man...I should've waited before I upgraded my computer. :(

I'll tell you what. Intel looks like they're way ahead of AMD right now. I'm starting to realize just how powerful Intel can be. Right now, I'm at a mixed reaction on what my next PC will use. It was AMD all the way, but now, I'm not sure anymore.

Wait until you decide to upgrade and see what is available to you. I remember you were going to go with AM2 all the way. Haha...

Yeah, but since I've been reading up on their new FBDIMM integration recently, that should help break the barrier of AMD's integrated RAM controller in their CPU. Right now, I'm up for grabs. We'll see who turns out to be the better manufacturer.

Intel will not integrate FB-Dimms anytime soon. Not even with the release of 985x. FB-Dimms are more aimed at the server market as desktops dont need ECC/Registered RAM.

EDIT: Might i add that FB-DIMMs will be expensive, VERY expensive.

Since most of our systems use unbuffered RAM, maybe that will all change in the future. If integrating FBDIMM shows this to be an advantage over what we have now on a consumer level, I see no reason how Intel cannot pursue this. I'll have to read up on it to provide more info. I just read this article in a magazine this morning. I may have to end up buying it since I can't remember all the facts. Too busy reading up on Vista.

Though i do not doubt their performance increase on the new chips, however I would still wait to see the numbers they turn before making a switch. Cause imagine this.. you buy that awesome bran new $500 processor, only to find out its a fluke and didnt work as well as intel had hoped? yeh I would wait specially since its a new platform

You know what they should do? Two sockets for two dual core CPUs. Now, imagine how cool is that? :cool:

The Core Duo is a great proccessor. Lets wait it out and see what comes of the Extreme Edition.

Back
Top Bottom