Latest updates on the PS3 at E3!

alvino

Golden Master
November 11th, 2006 for Japan and November 17th, 2006 for North America and Europe.

There will be two price points. Just like the Xbox 360's Core and Premium setups, the PS3 will have two systems. The cheapest will be $499 and it will be equipped with a 20gb hard drive, while the "Premium" version will cost $599 and is equipped with a 60gb hard drive.

For those of you who hated the PS3's rumored boomerang controller, fear no more! Sony ditched the design going with a improved and updated controller that looks like the current Dual Shock 2 controller. Now there is good and bad news for this controller. The good news is that there will be SIX degrees of freedom, meaning you can move the controller around to control what is on screen as well as the analog sticks. The bad news is that the controller's shock feature won't be available because it interferes with the motion sensor. For those who are looking for something new like the Nintendo Wii's remote controller, this will be good, but for those conventionalists who crave the traditional stuff, the lack of shock might take some getting used to.

Currently, things might look bad for the 20gb version of the PS3. The 20gb will not have HDMI at all. As if things couldn't get worse, the 20gb version apperantly won't have Memory Stick, SD or Compact Flash reading capability or WiFi support. The 60gb version will have HDMI, but not dual-HDMI support.

I will update daily as E3 goes on! If you feel like adding in updates that I missed or stuff that just came up, feel free to add in to this thread.

Beats me. Call your nearest gaming stores like GameStop or GameCrazy or EB Games.

EB Games will have it. I forgot about them. There's one down the street where I live. They're everywhere here in southern california.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a great system, but I think I'll stick with the Xbox 360. Hehe, it's using the 65nm process next year for it's IBM PowerPC Tri-Core. :D

Back
Top Bottom