price cuts

Price to performance ratio, yes it will. but pure performance? probably not. AM2 will still have an edge over 939.

ownage said:
Price to performance ratio, yes it will. but pure performance? probably not. AM2 will still have an edge over 939.
but thats all that matters to most people. m2 is supposed to be for crazy people/rich people. its only supposed to have high end processors at launch, and for a while.

ddr2 is the only improvement for this socket. same chip architecture. same chipset. nothing significant.

i think that if amd didnt announce/release m2, it would only make 939 stronger. and it would let people work on a new chip instead of a current one just converted to use a new memory type.

m2 is a waste of time and money in my opinion.

It is supposed to hold off until AMD can release the K8L. AM2 might just end up like S754. who knows. It could be used for upcoming processors or AMD might just switch to a land grid array. Who knows. only time will tell.

that im unsure of. Probably end of this year/early next year. This is my guess, not the projected dates provided by AMD.

ownage said:
that im unsure of. Probably end of this year/early next year. This is my guess, not the projected dates provided by AMD.
has amd said anything about this socket? like have they made an approximation as to when it would be ready?

Back
Top Bottom