Slow boot

Softtissue

Baseband Member
Would there be a reason my computer most of the time while booting up will make a click noise then take about 5 minutes then get to the loading screen.

3 Weeks ago it took about 4 seconds of the windows loading screen now my harddrive makes a clicking noise and takes about 5 minutes...

Click noise, by any chance is this a western digital hard drive they are known to do this. I have one, and it does the same thing, but doesnt take me 5 minz, only delays it by a few ticks, I dont even count anymore cause its been happening for a long time, and it still hasnt gone out on me. Most likely its a bad hard drive..Try msconfig, or boot in safe mode...Maybe you have to many things on startup

Yes it is a western digital. And 5 minutes is an exagheration. It takes about 2 minutes to start up.

Umm I may have solved the problem. After fooling around it suddenly started working. So I slowly started to reinstall programs. And then when I installed .Net Microsoft Framework or w/e (I needed to install it for Acid Pro 6.0) it started messing up again. Then it hit me that my harddrive started doing this when I installed this. Could this really have been the issue? Because I uninstalled it again and bam started working fine...

i think it might be the memory. the ram has to go into the harddrive and fetch windows xp so if u have bad quality ram then it might be the problem.

it also could be that u dont have enough ram, when the computer runs out of ram it starts to use the hard drive as memory and that would cause the clicking

Back
Top Bottom