Finally got an opteron!

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
Well I bought a opteron 146 from Badninja3 and I got it today. Well here is some results I got, here is the highest stable I got
3.jpg

I havent tried much higher but I think this is good for now because under load its at about 50*C. Im going to go see whats the max overclock I can get now.

No I could only go up to 2.8 on stock voltage. That was with 1.475. It wasnt completly stable at 1.475 either, I tryed running 3Dmark05 and it crashed. I bumped it up to 1.5 and now it runs 3dmark fine. Im really happy with this, running 3ghz everyday with a $200 processor. This is pretty sweet.

fyi, they ahve opteron144(s939)'s for $114 at monarchcomputer.com for anybody thats interested. those are stock at 1.8ghz

hey, thanks amish for the shout-out.

im glad to see my baby being put to good use :D

Yep, right now I have it at 3ghz which is probably where it will stay. For some reason whenever I try at 3.1 it crashes no matter the voltage. Im not sure if its my motherboard, powersupply or what. I dont think its the processor because it does 3ghz on 1.475v but willn't do 3.1 with 1.6v. Whatever I'm not complaining, I wanted to be able to do 3ghz 24/7 and I think I should be ok with this processor.

Back
Top Bottom