is wildtanget spyware?

Really never knew it was spyware. I installed it on my old computer before I could play some game. Good to know next time!

I do believe Wildtangent is a game supplier. Like on shockwave there was one game and everytime you played the game it said wild tangent and you had to download "wild tangent" to play the game. Do you think its the same thing or someone made a spyware also called wild tangent luring people into the trap?

"So how evil is WildTangent? Not very, in our estimation. Its most objectionable feature is that it uses global unique identifier (GUID) tracking when it logs into the game servers. According to WildTangent's privacy statement (www.wildtangent.com/default.asp?pageID=privacy), it may collect name, address, phone number, e-mail, and other contact information and, with your consent, may share this information with other parties. It also collects information such as your CPU speed, video card configuration, and DirectX version. The information is used for tuning WildTangent's games and product offerings, and if shared, will only be shared in an aggregated manner, without identification."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1601598,00.asp

All spyware doesn't slow your computer down. It just collects some information from your computer. Nothing that bad to worry about, but being on the safe side of things good thing you uninstalled it.

Jordan Pardy said:
Sorry for the idiotic question, but what is WildTanget?
like shockwave., But for better online 3dgames some games support it online

Click here

That link has a example of Wildtanget. It ust loads a 3dgame from a page and puts it has full screen or like windowed. and has better graphics

I didn't even know WildTangent was spyware. Haha, I remember going to Costco and using WildTangent on their demo computers to play games. :p

Back
Top Bottom