I want to upgrade my Compaq now thats is pretty decent:

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.21ghz
Asus K8 Mobo
1GB(2x512) ram
200gig 7200rpm HDD
Zalman 92mm Half Copper Half Aluminum Heat Sink
500watt Antec Smartpower 2.0
XFX agp 4x/8x 6200 256

i wanna rn SLI now and i found a nice epox motherboard to sli some cards. now i have about 200ish to spend on a GPU and a Mobo the mobo is about 90 bucks. So that leaves me with 110 bucks and then im getting another 40 so i have 150 to spend on a gpu or gpu's. What im stuck on is which one should i get. I prefer brands like eVGA, BFG is ok, XFX, and Leadtek but eVGA is my favorite. I have 150 to spend on a card but dont know which card. ill be mostly playing games such as BF2, RTCW2, RTCW, Planetside, CS:S, CS, and BFV. Most demanding is probaly BF2 but im not so sure what graphics card to get. i was thinking maybe getting a 7600gs and later on get another one or getting a 6800xt and get another one down the road. I was hoping to get a 7600gt but its a little pricy.

why play games on this system when u have that kick ass system in your sig? or is that just a dream machine lol, that cpu u have is socket 754 which is pretty damn old now, a new cpu and motherboard would be a good idea before thinking about a gpu, as for the motherboard u picked i think something from asus would be a better choice, just so u know the 6800xt is a TERRIBLE card, i would look at the 6800GS or the 7600gt

hmm yea the pc i have in my sig is being put of for sale because its at my sisters condo cause she uses it more and i have no time for it and cant bring to college. so its goin for 4 grand and one of her freinds are probaly going to buy it. i only want a decent rig just so i play those games. and the 6800gs and 7600gt are a lil over my price range but ill c what i can do. thanks for input so far.

if i were you, i'd try to squeeze out the extra cash and buy a 7600gt, performance/price ratio is great on this card.

Back
Top Bottom