Should we start "Member of the month" again?

UK31337 said:
I think it's a bad idea. It'll probably lead to the standard "W00T IM THE MEMBER OF THE MONTH AND YOUR NOT!11!111!1!1!11" that we get when people become Gurus etc.

Spammage.

agreed...

joxley1990 said:
Voted, option one.

Notice how no-one has picked the "No, because ArrizX would always win!"

Hehe :p

Lol, I dont know if you read it, but he told no one to pick that, and he just put it in there for kicks..

UK31337 said:
I think it's a bad idea. It'll probably lead to the standard "W00T IM THE MEMBER OF THE MONTH AND YOUR NOT!11!111!1!1!11" that we get when people become Gurus etc.

Spammage.
Good point.

But if you're mature enough not to brag like that in the first place, the Member of the Month honor is more deserving to you. It's the whiners and babies that always complain that usually don't get nominated at all. I notice that people on here take things way too personal when this forum is all about posting good info. The Social Lounge kind of make it personal though which is too bad.

That's another reason why Member of the Month section gets locked so no one will brag or post about it. If members post this type of statement elsewhere, mods need to delete those threads and consider it Spam because it is obvious they're stirring trouble. This is where mods power come in. Arrizx has been on more than I have seen other mods so I'm sure he'll enforce it well.

TRDCorolla said:
It will work, as long as it's locked by mods instead of making it an open thread. Have a separate polling thread so people can nominate members. Than once the poll closes, a mod can make an official stickie or something and post the person that won the Member of the Month deal. Then it gets locked again. It keeps it clean that way and tightly regulated. I'm all for it.

I've seen this on other forums and it works. Make a special section for the Member of the Month to make a big deal out of it. Check out this forums member of the month. You'll see how it works:

http://9thgencorolla.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40

Use that as a guide if you have too. Yeah, that's my Corolla forum.
Er, really not wishing to dampen you pet enterprise, but isn't that illegal providing a live link to your own business? rule 7 [3]
www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=4

Something is wrong!

Anyways, it does show the people that voted, so it looks like we will try it.

Now, I have a few questions. Do I choose members for you to choose from. Or do I make a thread, and you give your input?

IDEA!!!!

You guys Pm me with your memebrs, and that way no one knows who did what, and it will be chosen that way.

CHeck it out
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=37343

These are guests.

Oh and, I think it's a good idea, but I don't want my name to be played.

Back
Top Bottom