UV lights question

meanpeoplesuck

Baseband Member
I bought a UV Blue Cathode light by accident, I meant to buy a bright blue normal cathode light. For those that don't know, UV is basically a black light, and since I have a fan wiith blue lights already, you can't reallly see the cathodes light.

I was wondering if, I removed all the other lights, and had two UV cathodes, would the computer still have the blue brightness, or will it just make stuff glow?

Basically, are UV's as bright as regular lights

Also I was wondering whats the point of overclocking, do you overclock permently, or just for a test to see how far you can push it? I would perminatly overclock if thats the case.

UV's I believe can be as bright as standard cathode lights, but in some cases, this might not be true, as they tend to be a different colour to the standard lights.

A blue standard cathode will look alot different than a blue UV (Paler most likely)

But yes, anything white will glow (I believe its just white).

I in my opinion, unless you had something UV reactive, like a water coolant system, wouldn't bother getting a UV light, but since you've already done it by mistake :p

Things should light up blue still though, yes.

As for the overclocking question, you would permanently overclock most likely, and as far as you don't go too far, you won't damage the hardware at all (make sure you have sufficent cooling)

The UV tube would just make things glow (mainly if you have fluressent [sp?] cables).

If you dont want it, send it this way :D

It depends on which wavelength of UV you have got, if you have UVA, thats visible light, UVB and UVC are, i believe, not visible. you should get a decent proportion of UVA out of it, so you should still be able to see the blueness.

Back
Top Bottom