look what i picked up for 10 bux!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is a ppL battery?

sorry i dont have that symbol, the symbol i should know the name of.

pics please?!?!?

alvino said:
Haha, yeah. Packard Bell was originally an American radio manufacturer, later it was acquired by Teledyne. In 1986, some guy bought the Packard Bell name and made a computer company out of it. They were known for their low-cost, low-budget PC's, just like eMachines, but they had a reputation for low quality and poor reliability. Adding in to make things worse, they used parts that were especially hard to come by, making replacement/upgrading difficult or impossible. Things got so bad that they eventually withdrew from the US market entirely in 2000. However, they still remain as a popular brand in Europe, under Packard Bell Europe. In 2004, they revamped the company and started going into new markets and became the No. 1 computer manufacturer in Europe, even outselling Dell by over 1,800 PC's. They are wholly owned by NEC as of now.

Yeah, they're old. I remember one of my family's first PC's was a Packard Bell. It used those old CD drives that required you put your CD's into a case/tray thing and insert it in, instead of the current tray coming in and out.
Yeah, on my Nan's old computer... very old computer... I think the hard drive was Q:/ instead of C:/ or something like that.

Yeah, with that packard bell monitor I got a computer for $15.. 100mhz, 24mb memory, 1.9 gb hard drive.. it was a useless POS moreso than the fact it was slow.

There was NO support, NO drivers, NO NOTHING. Upgrading really was impossible by most respects.

It was a cheap pile of crap, but it had a cheap price tag so I guess they go hand in hand.

Voodoo Child said:
what is a ppL battery?

sorry i dont have that symbol, the symbol i should know the name of.

pics please?!?!?
sorry, that should have said PP3, the pound symbol is above the 3 key.

pp3 is the type of battery that has two buttons on top where the clip attached to them like a popper on a coat,

9volt box battery

MikeReiner said:
Yeah, with that packard bell monitor I got a computer for $15.. 100mhz, 24mb memory, 1.9 gb hard drive.. it was a useless POS moreso than the fact it was slow.

There was NO support, NO drivers, NO NOTHING. Upgrading really was impossible by most respects.

It was a cheap pile of crap, but it had a cheap price tag so I guess they go hand in hand.
On my Nan's old computer there was 12mb of RAM... until she upgraded to 32mb so she could play Who Wants To Be A Millionaire :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom