Video Card Question

X1337

Fully Optimized
Ok, my old ti 4200 was the best card I ownd i modded it into a quadro4 980 XGL and I get over 10K in 3dmark 01. Well like a few days ago my ti 4200 modded to quadro4 980 XGL started to make weird screens. Click Here. Well I got a 9200 from a friend that is apg 8x, well I played CSS on it. Try a server with all high settings with 1024x768x32, it played it fine.. it never laged or slowed down.. but my ti 4200 modded to quadro4 980 XGL didnt even play that fast at those settings, it was slower frame rate.. My Question is how is this possable..???

Obviously, overclocked or not, the 9200 is a much faster card at games than your old card.
It has more pipelines (Faster game renders), and better capability with Direct X

Kage said:
Obviously, overclocked or not, the 9200 is a much faster card at games than your old card.
It has more pipelines (Faster game renders), and better capability with Direct X
Video Adapter: nVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL

Transistors: 63 million
Process Technology: 0.15u
Die Size: 144 mm2
Bus Type: AGP 8x @ 8x
Memory Size: 128 MB
GPU Clock: 331 MHz
RAMDAC Clock: 350 MHz
Pixel Pipelines: 4
TMU Per Pipeline: 2
Vertex Shaders: 2 (v1.1)
Pixel Shaders: 1 (v1.3)
DirectX Hardware Support: DirectX v8.1
Pixel Fillrate: 1324 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate: 2648 MTexel/s
Bus Type: DDR
Bus Width: 128-bit
Real Clock: 256 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock: 513 MHz
Bandwidth: 8208 MB/s

Video Adapter: ATI Radeon 9200 (RV280)

GPU Code Name: RV280
Transistors: 36 million
Process Technology: 0.15u
Bus Type AGP 8x @ 8x
Memory Size: 128 MB
GPU Clock: 250 MHz (original: 250 MHz)
RAMDAC Clock: 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines: 4
TMU Per Pipeline: 1
Vertex Shaders: 1 (v1.1)
Pixel Shaders: 1 (v1.4)
DirectX Hardware Support: DirectX v8.1
Pixel Fillrate: 1000 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate: 1000 MTexel/s
Bus Type : DDR
Bus Width: 128-bit
Real Clock: 200 MHz (DDR) (original: 200 MHz)
Effective Clock: 400 MHz
Bandwidth: 6400 MB/s

Okay then, sorry to have got it wrong...

But soft modding isn't the same as having the real card! Since you must have done this to turn a 4200 into a Quadro (somehow)

Anyway, the Quadro isnt a game card, but more a render card for 3D software packages which is why it wouldn't be that fast in games.

The 9200 on the other hand WON'T be as fast at rendering, but be ALOT faster at rendering games.

So I'm sorry I got the idea wrong, but the ti 4200 which I believe is a Direct X 8.1 card soft modded to a render card, would NOT perform as well as a real card built to run under Direct X properly.
That private message was rather insulting since I know (usually) what I'm talking about, and don't like to be almost shouted at when I made a simple mistake!

Kage said:
Okay then, sorry to have got it wrong...

But soft modding isn't the same as having the real card! Since you must have done this to turn a 4200 into a Quadro (somehow)

Anyway, the Quadro isnt a game card, but more a render card for 3D software packages which is why it wouldn't be that fast in games.

The 9200 on the other hand WON'T be as fast at rendering, but be ALOT faster at rendering games.

So I'm sorry I got the idea wrong, but the ti 4200 which I believe is a Direct X 8.1 card soft modded to a render card, would NOT perform as well as a real card built to run under Direct X properly.
That private message was rather insulting since I know (usually) what I'm talking about, and don't like to be almost shouted at when I made a simple mistake!

yah sorry for sending that.. I was really having a bad day.. but please forgive me. But.. when I had the ti 4200 just at ti 4200 it was still slow..!!!! i cant Figour it out. the ati 9200 was always behind the ti 4200.. but on CSS the 9200 is way faster

Its okay, and I don't get it in that case.

It is true though that the Quadro is a render card for 3D Applications, and it puzzles me how you could have modded it really to do this. I doubt it would have had the same effects in rendering as a real quadro would have done though, as I'm sure its specific on hardware.

The only difference from the 9200 though is a higher clock speed, better pixel shader (may do it), though thats from the Quadro. I can't seem to find specs of the original 4200 you had

Back
Top Bottom