New E3 Buzz

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
Just thought I would make a thread about E3 since its starting this week. Just post any interesting articles you might find relating to it. The Nintendo "Wii" actually looks good, in my opinion. It might be kiddy-targeted but it packs a punch. According to HowStuffWorks.com, it should have almost the power of an Xbox 360, while being programmer friendly. It supposed to be around 200 bucks, I think. The PS3 looks promising as well. I hope all of them live up to everyone's expectations.

Brothers in Arms 3 looks like its going to be sweet. I haven't really payed any attention to what is going to be shown. Another thing is I wonder how much the Halo 3 trailer will actually show...

PerfectSK said:
Just thought I would make a thread about E3 since its starting this week. Just post any interesting articles you might find relating to it. The Nintendo "Wii" actually looks good, in my opinion. It might be kiddy-targeted but it packs a punch. According to HowStuffWorks.com, it should have almost the power of an Xbox 360, while being programmer friendly. It supposed to be around 200 bucks, I think. The PS3 looks promising as well. I hope all of them live up to everyone's expectations.

That article was severly misinformed. Specs released by IGN, that were given to them by developers, state that it is about as powerful as the original xbox, not the 360. But graphics aren't the focus with the Wii (lame-ass name), it's the controller.

yeah, i cant wait to see it, i think they have coverage evry night on G4..

i heard about killzone for PSP, that shud be awesome, but i wanna see some good games for 360

The Nintendo Wii is basically a GameCube on steriods. It's basically faster, but Nintendo is really focusing on the kiddie crowd and the budget minded crowd. Now the crowd that's looking for high-definition gaming or multimedia features.

I'm looking forward to seeing more on Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway, Halo 3 and Gears of War. :D

I'm looking forward to the E3 show, because most likely, IGN will host alot more videos and lovely screenies of in game action :D

As for the Wii, it should be good yes, and, while some question the power, take this into account.

The Xbox 360 is a HD device, and always outputs at a HD resoloution, and so does the PS3.
Now, the Wii doesn't, so alot of its graphics capability doesn't have to be forced to run this high, so can run at a standard TV (with interlacing, if supported) and so, the graphics don't have to be pushed as hard, resulting in possibly, sometimes, the same graphics power in games.

Thats not to say it'll run the Unreal 3 engine (No idea, but it doesn't really ring true in my eyes, unless I see it of course :p), etc, because I believe it won't, but in terms of image quality, I believe it should be right up there.

What i'm really looking forward to see is crysis, and the crytek engine...oooohhhh it looks so good

Back
Top Bottom