price cuts

badninja3

Daemon Poster
has there been any leaks to how much prices will drop for socket 939 processors/motherboards and ddr ram?

I'm still waiting for darn AM2 to release so then current Socket 939 Athlon 64 processors will drop in price. :D Might get myself a nice dual-core if the price drops enough.

Intel has the cheapest dual core right now floating just a tad above 100 bucks. The cheapest AMD dual core ive seen is around 280 dollars.

Yeah, but thats so freaking budget its almost not even worth it. I mean, its a 2.66ghz dual core. That really cant be too effective for dual core apps and games. It just kinda sounds cool to say you have a dual core.

ArrizX said:
Yeah, but thats so freaking budget its almost not even worth it. I mean, its a 2.66ghz dual core. That really cant be too effective for dual core apps and games. It just kinda sounds cool to say you have a dual core.
ya thats wat my friend does. he has that pent D 805 or w/e its called. and he thinks that he pwns my computer cuz his clocks spds are higher and he has dual core. i aint even trippin cuz i know whats the truth.

alvino said:
I'm still waiting for darn AM2 to release so then current Socket 939 Athlon 64 processors will drop in price. :D Might get myself a nice dual-core if the price drops enough.
thats exactly what im waiting for. cuz ddr ram will cheapen(sp?). and 939mobos and 939cpus.

but this is whats getting to me:
i found:
-this for $90 from the b/s/t forum here at computerforums.
-and monarchcomputers has opteron144's for $114
-and the asus 939 crossfire board that i want is only $95-ish.

and those are pretty much the only components affected by the release of m2. so i need u guys's help now. what do i do. do i go for it now? or wait a whole nother week?

badninja3 said:
ya thats wat my friend does. he has that pent D 805 or w/e its called. and he thinks that he pwns my computer cuz his clocks spds are higher and he has dual core. i aint even trippin cuz i know whats the truth.

Lol, amen

DDR2 is cheaper than DDR. It may not look like it right now, but it is cheaper to manufacture. DDR2 provides more bandwidth compared to DDR.

ownage said:
DDR2 is cheaper than DDR. It may not look like it right now, but it is cheaper to manufacture. DDR2 provides more bandwidth compared to DDR.
the money saved with ddr2 doesnt make up for the higher prices associated with m2. 939 will pwn m2.

Back
Top Bottom