PCI bracket problem

EricM

Daemon Poster
Soo i am in the middle of a new build and I am installing the video card.. so i couldnt figure out how to get the pci bracket off so i could get my video card in... there werent any screws but instead this longer bracket that fits over top of all the other brackets that needs to be removed in order to punch out the pci brackets on the case.... so i put my video card in and i was trying to get this other bracket back on but it wont fit now and its really confusing.

DSC00586.jpg

this is the bracket i am talking about

DSC00585.jpg

another view...

DSC00588.jpg

this is the back inside of the case where all the pci expansion slots are.. as you can see they simply snap out... and that outer bracket fit over top at the edge...

DSC00590.jpg

this is the video card .. i cut off the top of the pci bracket in the photo but the video card bracket has a slot thing for a screw and so does my case but i cant find screws that came with my case that will fit this whole???
and what would the purpose of that outer bracket be then? i am really confused kuz the outer bracket wont fit back on now...?

that last picture looks fine to me.. i really don't know what you're trying to ask.

the graphics card isnt secured with any screws or anything so its sitting in the pci-e socket and u can move the grapgics card around...im asking what i do to secure it...

for the videocards i've bought, they usually came with the screws.. are you sure this one didnt come with one?

You screw the video card in first, then put that outer bracket over it. It probably conceals the screws to give it that clean look.

i couldnt find the proper screw that would fit... that it struck me... ITS A SCREWLESS DESIGN!i wasnt supposed to take that bracket out... haha i put it back in and everything is fine now. it opens up and closes over the edge of the bracket on the video card.

Seems like a lot of cases are doing that these days. Being screwless and all. That makes it a whole lot easier to take things apart and put back together.

yep it was soo easy i should have taken the 2 seconds to read the instructions in the case manual! well i got a lot done tonight on my build.. i just have to install the hdd and im basically done!

Lol, I thought you finished the build already. It usually takes me about 15 minutes to put the all the pieces together, without installing Windows that is. Installing Windows can take awhile, then get all the updates. That will take all night.

no i have been extremely busy! i havent had ANY time to finish up.. its taking me forever kuz i keep delaying but its gonna be worth it!

Back
Top Bottom