Should we start "Member of the month" again?

I feel in my opinion, that member of the week would require a lot of time to modify. Member of the month is once every month so it makes it easier to maintain and modify threads. But I'll take the member of the week too. I just felt like it would be more work.

Member of the Month seems more special because it takes a whole month to reach that level making it seem more worthwhile. A week go by too fast, lol.

well we would have raters rate and remind people of the good posts and we would like most helpful funniest ect.

TRDCorolla said:
I feel in my opinion, that member of the week would require a lot of time to modify. Member of the month is once every month so it makes it easier to maintain and modify threads. But I'll take the member of the week too. I just felt like it would be more work.

Member of the Month seems more special because it takes a whole month to reach that level making it seem more worthwhile. A week go by too fast, lol.

I 2nd everything he just said hahah

The way they have it set up is sweet. I read some of them

Okay, so this is getting some support. So, ill give this thread a few more days so a good percentage of the daily posters can see this and also have a say.

And one more thing, should mods be even considered? Or just the general member population?

Id say no mods.. But thats just my own opinion.

Yeah, with Member of the Month, you have a whole month to enjoy your glory :p when a week go by so fast, you're thinking, "what?!? was I member of the week?" lol.

I think it's a bad idea. It'll probably lead to the standard "W00T IM THE MEMBER OF THE MONTH AND YOUR NOT!11!111!1!1!11" that we get when people become Gurus etc.

Spammage.

Yeah no mods, considering they will be the ones chossing hte members of the week/month. This is a great idea, its worth trying out. If it does bad, what the worst that can happen we dont do it anymore, and thats the end of that..Go for it! It will make more members, actually post good info, unlike in the past where they would just say what the other guy said ect ect.....

UK31337 said:
I think it's a bad idea. It'll probably lead to the standard "W00T IM THE MEMBER OF THE MONTH AND YOUR NOT!11!111!1!1!11" that we get when people become Gurus etc.

Spammage.

No, not if we have a sticky where all the mebers of the week will be congradulated. And then if they make a thread about it, we can tell anyone who does so, will get a 3 day ban, something like that. Heh you really do hate when people say "yeah im a guru dont you"...If it bothers you so much, then just dont look at the threads..

UK31337 said:

Spammage.

well then we can set rules, if u r the member of the month, no making threads on it. and no going "W00T IM THE MEMBER OF THE MONTH AND YOUR NOT!11!111!1!1!11" cuz if u do, u r banned. simple solution.

Voted, option one.

Notice how no-one has picked the "No, because ArrizX would always win!"

Hehe :p

Back
Top Bottom