how long is it safe to leave my lappy on?

LMAO, I bet it was an inteL :) Um and I'm ordering a HD cooler soon too. I use my HDs really heavly now adays.

Laptops run hot very easily. Mine does. I leave it running all day, but turn it off at night. Not like my PC where I just leave it on always. My table gets so hot that I can feel the heat on the bottom, lol and I have an oak desk!!!!!! Not good. It's ok, I'll just buy another one when this one goes dead. Laptops now are getting better and better and I could use a new faster laptop.

I think about 3-4 hrs should do it for a laptop on battery power. You could leave it on like all day when you hook it up to an outlet but you might fry your laptop. Try using stand by mode when you're not actually using your computer. It saves electricity, while you have easy access to the computer in case you need later in the day. The new Intel Centrino Core Duos offer excellent mobile performance, with extended battery life. I'd go for that next time you buy a laptop.

I wouldn't leave a laptop on for a long time if you know you won't be using it for a while. They just get really hot after some time (not all but most do) so you might as well turn it off to be on the safe side and not let it over heat. If you really want to leave it on then you can tho...

Back
Top Bottom