Slave drive?

Ah... Well, im going to try in a few, I hope all goes well, but before I do..

Do I insert the harddrive and then boot and chance bios, or do i change bios and then boot?

Are you saying you want to just get a replica of the master hard drive onto a slave?

Sorry if this is complete crap, im rather drunk :p

Hmm.. Well I dont want advice from a drunk. And dont cause hell on the forums like HRHunteRHR did when he was drunk.

No I know what Im doing, just giddy.

Just use NortonGhost if you want to replicate the drive..

Hmm.. Whatever, ill say it.

What I wanna do is take the harddrive outta my old computer, and slave it into my computer for a short while. It is a hardrive with an OS on it. So, I dont want to keep it on my computer or make it a master. I just want to stick it in my computer copy all my music onto it, and stick it back into my old computer. Use it for backup.

And my current question is do I hook it up on my computer and then boot it and change in bios, or do I restart, change in bios, shut off and then put the drive in?

Just slave it, and copy all the music over, make a file on the drive called "Music" and just copy and paste everything into it?

Yeah, but do I change in bios before I connect drive, or do I connect drive, then change bios?

Do it before, I always do. Sometimes the master can become corrupt if the BIOS is not set correctly.

BIOS first!

That didnt work. And then I put in the hd and changed some bios, and that didnt work. Lol, screwed. So im searching for a way..

Back
Top Bottom