1 HDD vs 2 HDD

Well, if viruses get on it somehow, it protects you mostly from that, and also, if you ever need to re-install the OS (even just to make it run faster), you don't have to worry about backing up your other things, since a seperate partion will be another drive to the computer, so can be wiped without wiping everything else.

*breathes*

I love this idea, I wish so much that my compy could have 2 hardrivves inside because I would do that! but nope stupid lappy!

I have 1 hard drive, (120GB) partitioned into 4, each with XP on, so we all basically have seperate hard drives, so we can't mess up each others.

I had to run Partition Magic today to take space off my brother and add it to ours, since he doesn't really use the space, and thought he would. I now have about 4GB spare out of the 46GB I now own :D

Yeah man, im thinking two harddrives is going to be best. Have the OS on the WD with all your programs. And save the 300gb one for things like games, movies, music ect.

how about 2 sata drives in raid? just thought ide throw that idea out there, if not then i say option 2

does your motherboard support 3.0gb/s or no because if it doesn't you wouldn't be able to use the seagate hdd to it's full potential by putting it into sataII

Back
Top Bottom