AIDS and my Idea

ÛžTheJewÛž said:
willy....lol, thats not offensive at all.

I was unsure of whether to put it. I was brought up not to go round saying "willy " and other sexually specific words...

i doubt that we will ever find a cure for aids. We havent even found a cure for the common cold! I think that everyone should get tested and I mean EVERYONE. And for those that have aids they should get a tat on their forehead that says "I'm a dumb@ss".
-Oh I got one "Dont be a fool, wrap your tool".

AIDS can be transfered many ways

-Condom breaking
-Doing needle drugs
-Fights

And about any way else you can think of transfering semen or blood from person to person. Theroretically a mosquito could carry aids even and transfer it from human to human.

DJ-CHRIS said:
I highly doubt we would scream discrimination. As a homosexual who is also very intrested in rights, I find this in no way discrimination.

All I'm saying is that when we had a chance to stop this thing it was predominate in homosexuals, and if we had quarintined them I can gauranteed that word would've been cried out, that's why it never happened. I think now that it's also in the heterosexual population it's not as big on the liberal agenda, but trust me, you'd have the ACLU up everyones ass (no pun intended, lol) representing all these gay/bi groups. You'de have so many lawsuits that this whole resolution would be suspended for a billion years and by then the sun will have died out so who cares.

Well pesonnally naiton wide testing should be rquired regradless. And I understand it can take 6 months, thats why after 2 of testingin if no new casses has been found the project ends. And there is no cure for AIDs, i don't think their will ever be a "cure". However there has been medicines that prevent the virus from entering your body and stuff. And if we give this to all aids patientssss well they can lead a normal life for the 15 to 20 years they life afterwards. I'm sorry but a virus that kills like AIDs does shouldn't go unchecked, and the purpose of the resoulation is not saying there is a prevention drug for it, but we shoudl toss our servles in that direction. I mean honsetly only way to keep a aids patient alive is to keep his immune system strong which they can already do. And in in 3rd world countires it should be done as well. The UN could help aid those countries to afford it. And I don't see how it would be driscrimated against. Fine you don't want the test, you can think about it behind bars. Its very simple, its get the test done or spend a month behind bars then get the test done anyways! And if you refuse your setence just keeps getting doubled until you do take the test.

1stly... yes there are antiviral drugs, however thes ee mostly stop the onset of aids.

2ndly, you can't catch aids, aids is aquired immune defficiency synrome, Aids, is not a virus, it's a syndrome of another virus, (HIV)

3rdly, both straight and gay people have HIV and AIDS, so this would not discriminate against gay people, or bisexual people.

4thly, as said there is a six month list from being infected to haveing a reliable test result, but I think that if you can't keep track of all the poeple you've slept with in six months, then firstly, I'm not surprised that person caught HIV in the first place, and secondly, well they should have been a lot more carefull.

5th, unfortunatly HIV testing costs a lot of money, so it'd never be completly free for all regular testing without serious economic impact.

6th, what about illegals?
it's all very well to say that everyone should be tested, but what about all the people you don't know about? they have a sex life too you know.

I could go on... but...

other than that it's a great idea...
though I feel that pople who know they have HIV/AIDS really should have a duty of care to either, use better condoms or just abstain from sex at all, it's for the good of the world.

P.S,
no there is no cure for AIDS as yet, that is because the virus that causes it mutates very rapidly, therefore no specific cure can be isolated that will work both now, and in the future.

This has been worrying me for a while.

If you haven't had sex of any form, is it still possible you could have it in the first place built into you ready to jump onto a partner, or have it as a carrier?

Or do you need to have unsafe sex in the first place with another partner to catch it?

ANOTHER QUESTION:

Though, that then raises another question. If you can't get it without having sex, how would the first person of got it in the first place?

You can get it without sex. But its incredily rare. Theroies range from some sick freak doinng a monkey, to eating a monkey. Some theroies say russia made it to combat America.

To catch it you needt o have sex with a parnter who has it. Protection lowers the chances of getting HIV. However protection is 100% also women are shown to have a higher chance of catching it then men.

Basically if you trade bodliy fluids with someone you have a chance to catch it if they have it.

Yeah, but you can't catch it while kissing someone, and that would count as a bodily fluid passing (usually :p). Some people think you can, but you can't.

Though it still makes me wonder how someone could get it when they do have sex.

For instance, with a clean female and a clean male. You can't get it then right?

But, if for instance, someone does already have it, but hasn't had sex...

It just confusing, how its all passed along :s
Don't understand.

So basically, as long as you haven't had more than 1 sexual partner, you should be fine?

And also, if you have more than 1, can it then develop? Even if the other one didnt' have it either?... Or if they hadn't had any, how could they have developed it.

Haha, see, I'm confused.

2 clean people with no1 else cannot get it . it cannot generate by 2 clean people, it cannot morph out of nothing!

Back
Top Bottom