headphones

Voodoo Child said:
these are definatley not comfy in bed, i have to take the one off of my ear to have my head on the pillow.

these are bull crap on that "tangle free cord"

the bass, idk, i had this whimpy arse dell in ear crap crap. and i put these in. WHOA BASS!!!!

but it doesnt have that much bass...

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...e=pa_PADepartmentAccessories_Headphones_w.ear

those are the heaphones i currently have... the bass does get OK but imagin how much better ones with 5hz-xxxxxhz would be!! those have 20-something... but im talking bout bass that would like rock my head! cuz the family sound system (which is actually a nice 5.1thing or w/e) shakes the house when parents have their music up somewhat loud...

get some Seinnheiser HD 202 you can pick them up for around £15 - 20 quid and they are fantastic - youve definately got insane bass and tweeters with supersonic frequency range.

HEADPHONE IMPENDENCE:

Do look though allenn812.

Those head phones you gave a link to, they have an impendance rating of 40 ohms.

That'd be useless for most audio players, but yeah, they'd be able to have more bass than others, but alot of players will have problems powering it.

So I guess you need to be selective.

I also wouldn't go for DJ headphones, since those definietly WILL NOT power with a portable device.

For instance, my Zen Vision M wouldn't hardly be powered by them.

The lower impendance they have though, the less power, but the more impendance yu have, the more chance your not going to be able to power it, so will have less power and bass as a result.

BIGGER DOESN'T USUALLY MEAN BETTER:

Seinnheiser ones should be okay, and Sony too.
But they tend to be the smaller ones, but I believe these can have more bass sometimes, not less. It all depends on the driver used, and the quality of the bass ports, etc that'll deliver the bass (Big ones are fine though for people connecting these to amps that can deliver the sort of power needed by wall socket)

Even the little headphones I've seen in the shops (and the ones I had) could go down to 6hz to 25khz or something like that, which is amazing, and they could power VERY well on portable devices.

As well as that though, most portable audio players only output at 20hz to 20khz anywya which won't give these headphones much luck of producing more, but what it does say is that the headphons can go lower and higher, so the bass is going to be more punchy, since its not struggling to make it to the lower bass parts.

COMFORT:

Then theres the fact that the bigger ones tend to be heavier (not always), but I wouldn't for instance on the streets and on the bus want to wear the big ones on my head. Like I said, it can look stupid, and also, the big ones do tend to leak, trust me.

Trust me when I say I know about headphones quite a bit :p

Thats rather kewl.

I wonder how sufficent they'd run on power, and for how long the batteries would last.

yes it is. hackaday had it, that is where i got the link from. i posted there, i said that i bought a 5dollar personal radio from the dollar store, simple adjustment, a switch, and like 4 wires, and i got an amp that will play thru a speaker or headphone jack. pretty sweet.

Back
Top Bottom