Yay, another sig idea. Whoohoo! Its different though, I swear!

Thats fair enough if he's not keen on the idea. Maybe he has seen other forums which has formatting in the sigs, and it might of looked really messy or something.

Well, I think its just more of that idea that it could be easily abused. Not because it looks messy. Which is used properly it can look really nice. But when you have things like look like this..

ThIs iS MY sIg!!1eleven!

Well, thats no good. But something thats like..

This is my signature

Now, that looks decent, but when you have people doing things Like:

tHIs and ThIs with weird colors, and numb3rs. It just gets out of hand and plainly looks like crap.

If I can, I'd like to add that a possible idea would be to reduce the size of the font in signatures. This doesn't add a personalization option, but it would reduce the length of a signature while still displaying the same information. I think 8 point font in the signature would be great, maybe even 7.

ArrizX said:
Well, I think its just more of that idea that it could be easily abused. Not because it looks messy. Which is used properly it can look really nice. But when you have things like look like this..

ThIs iS MY sIg!!1eleven!

Well, thats no good. But something thats like..

This is my signature

Now, that looks decent, but when you have people doing things Like:

tHIs and ThIs with weird colors, and numb3rs. It just gets out of hand and plainly looks like crap.
IMO, everything being nice, clean, the same size, and black is alright, without all the extra formatting. :)

I like the second suggestion where the text is all green. Too many colors makes the forum look messy, but allowing at least one color/text change is great. You get to express yourself, and it looks cool at the same time!

Maybe 1 color + black allowed per signature? But I doubt that would be possible without some sort of vbulletin modification.

Yeah, that would be cool, but it would need to be changed in the code. Its not just kinda click the bubble and it lets us do it.

Back
Top Bottom