headphones

mr.monger

BSOD
can some one recommend some headphones that are (in order of importance):

a) comfortable to sleep in all night
b) not too expensive
c) must have insane bass
d) not the kind that go INSIDE your ear, only the ones that cover ear.

i didnt post this in general electronix becasue no one posts there.

thanks

Joxley what kind of post was that? That wasn't even remotely helpful.\\

mr.monger, i can recommend some that are comfortable and not too expensive, but insane bass?

Sorry gang, I thought he was asking the order of importance that they should go in..my bad!

Monger, get headphones that go over your head, and make sure they have padded ears. Thats all I can suggest.

ok, not insane, but i really really really like heavy bass for my trance and junk...
please recommend some! any input is appreciated as i am not a sound guru or anything.

I used to have this pair of headphones (outdated by now) they were about 50 bucks. You could put batteries in them to pump up the volume/bass just by hitting a switch on and off. It was really good when it got extra noisy or you just really wanted to zone into your music. You might want to try and look for something like that. All I know is that KOSS and Sony are probably the best to buy from when it comes to sound.

Anyways, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

yes koss is cool, i was looking at them, but the thing is they MUST be comfy to sleep in and should be full size because those have the best bass.

edit: an easy way to tell bass is if you look at the frequency range. it will be something like 10hz-30khz. you want the first number to be as low as possible for good bass. the ones im looking at have 5hz-30khz, which is amazing, but i heard they break easily and therefore not very good to sleep in...

they are the MDR-V700DJ by sony. very nice, and less than $80 at the egg.

saw others: MDRV600 same thing but cheaper... dont knwo what the diff is so w/e i think i like these.

another development: the audio-technica ath-a55 is very nice, and you can easily get them for under 100 moneys, now all that remains to be done is to find a reliable merchant....

Its not just that. You'll find alot of heaphone, it depends on the technology provided in them too, like Turbo boosters, etc.

Its also the player your using. Some have different power outages for headphones, and so you need to look at the Ohm's. The amount of volume/power you'll receive.

My dads set for example, must have a really high Ohm rating, because their terrible on my Zen Vision M. Sound sounds distant, and hardly no bass at all.

Though, they are really really good on stereo amplifiers with no limits, etc of power.

So, if you are looking for full size ones for portable players, be careful which ones you choose. Look at reviews first.

Back
Top Bottom