Adding some upgrades to my Car

NeXuS said:
Wow i found this rims on the picture shown the grey ones there 17" with tires there selling it semi new!!! all for of the grey rims for 380 dlls!!! what you guys think im thinking im going for that, what do you think mecury do you think those look tight on my car :D
042806evs04-06n

The ones on the left look good to me, I think they would look real good on your car. I guy here where I live has the same ones and look real tight.

The others look like trash, and the ones to the right look like chrome.

Wait wait wait WTF??? Why are there soooo many holes on those rims where the bolt pattern is, that really doesn't look right, be careful...I see a 10 bolt pattern, that looks suspect to me, haven't ever seen a 10 bolt pattern...weird

I will also add, be VERY VERY careful purchasing anything on Ebay, especially something that you will be driving on for your car. The Tein company has recently busted many people on Ebay selling fake/bootleg lowering springs, that could fail during driving and those rims look suspect.

IMO I would stick to going to professionals Les Schwab/Discount Tire ect. Pay a little more and get them professionally done, you will thank me later, and will save yourself a world of grief.

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html

Its not on ebay its the local auto trader and yea there the grey ones the one on the left they look real right im gonna phone the seller so i can go see them there 4 lug rims i think, just to clarafy with rim i want and it has the chrome lip i just love that :p and there 17"

Mercury&Solace said:
-Lambo doors!!!!! :D

That would be really ghey...

Unless you are racing the car, whats the point of dropping $3K on a turbo kit? Put that money into some other things that actually will have a use, sound, body kit, exhaust ect. If you got the cash to drop on it go for it.

Because what will make it a stupid ricer is when you see this nice car stopped at a red light, you pull up and rev your engine to race and you beat the POS right off the line and leave him in the dust. I have seen it so many times before and it is a huge embarassment for the driver of the ricer. Why make a car look nice and fast when it isn't at all? And, im sorry but did you say to put the money into things that have use? Ok, audio is useful i agree with that but what are you talking about with body kits and exhaust (i doubt you are saying exhaust because it will result in better air flow)? That really does not make sense.

Distortion88 said:
That would be really ghey...

Because what will make it a stupid ricer is when you see this nice car stopped at a red light, you pull up and rev your engine to race and you beat the POS right off the line and leave him in the dust. I have seen it so many times before and it is a huge embarassment for the driver of the ricer. Why make a car look nice and fast when it isn't at all? And, im sorry but did you say to put the money into things that have use? Ok, audio is useful i agree with that but what are you talking about with body kits and exhaust (i doubt you are saying exhaust because it will result in better air flow)? That really does not make sense.

Are you retarted? Who cares if it looks fast but really is or isnt. So lets ask.

NeXuS, do you plan on racing your car at intersctions?

If you do, the turbo kit is your style. If not go with the looks (rims, body kid, sound ect).

I mean, if you race at interesctions thats great and all, and ill just have a good laugh when you total your car or truck and get suspended from driving for a year and like a 5G fine.

Not everyone races, distortion :rolleyes:

Uh and your point is? Who really cares, not every "ricer" looking car is a street racing car, who cares if he wants to drop some dough on his ride and make it look good. You know some people actually like to have a car that looks good, just because a car has a body kit, carbon fiber, wing whatever..... Its called a hobby.

I personally don't race, at all, #1 its illegal, and the penalties are very stiff, but I still like to have my car look good, I got a body kit, so what, thats what I like and I got the money so who cares? I could give a shit what other people think anyways. I get cars that pull up to me all the time reving there engines, wanting to race, I just kick back and let them do there thing, it don't bother me, its all good, most of the time its a POS, that looks like crap anyways, I just turn up the tunes and chill baby....

You make yourself look stupid by your ignorant comments, you say exhaust has no use/bebefits?? Do you know anything about cars? Exhaust adds anywhere from 5-10HP depending on your car/exhaust, better gas mileage, better torque and helps flow. Some higher performance stock cars have duel exhaust (Nissan 350Z) The right spoilers helps control the car at high speeds, and helps it hug the ground, in turn helps handeling.

I was at a stoplight next to an Evo today and when it was green, my lane was already out of the intersection while the lane the Evo was in was slow. So I purposely accelerated hard so pass him up. He had his windows down so I'm pretty sure he heard the supercharger making it's noticeable whine. Not quite like the "pshhh" you hear from the BOV out of a turbocharged vehicle, but the supercharger has it's unique sound that's pretty hard to miss. I could see him glance over at me as I move ahead. I knew that if he were to challenge me in a race, he would beat me pretty good.

How much money are you willing to spend anyways for upgrades? You can do a lot for $5,000 but that's a crap load of cash. That's about the amount I spent on my car so far. Do you want performance or just cosmetics?

ArrizX said:
same with a strut bar

see, i know my shit too! :D

Yep, Most everything has some sort of benefit....except those lambo doors, no real bebefit there :) .......but they look cool! :D

Quoted from another site....

"I ran a few tests with the strut bar in and out, both braking and grip tests ( not a real skid pad but in a 1000ft parking lot with new asphalt and no poles ) Stock the tires gripped to 0.83g with the strut bars 0.86g, acceleration is .1sec faster with the strut bar and braking distance is better, 147 ft to stop from 60mph stock, 141 ft with the brace. Hyundai brakes do not fade so braking before and after the bar is reliable. Stock tires grip better when cold so the tests were done with bar out first, then in, any improvements would be undersetimated or averaged. These are very small improvements but the Bar does help in more than just handling. The stiffer font end helps the wheels grip better both in acceleration and braking a very good investment."

I have one as well and I can vouch for the benefits as well.

Back
Top Bottom