Slave drive?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Hey...

I need a guide on how to use a slave drive with an OS on it. Would it be like a normal slave only with a boot option of either OS? Just what do i need to know when it has an OS on it?

when i install os's on different drive/partitions i can use Acronics Disk Director's os selector and it finds all the os's i have installed, so i can chose which one to bootup when i startup my computer.

ArrizX said:
Hey...

I need a guide on how to use a slave drive with an OS on it. Would it be like a normal slave only with a boot option of either OS? Just what do i need to know when it has an OS on it?
You have to have all operating systems installed on the master drive. From there you select between them.

Well the thing is that its just a sepreate computer hard drive. I dont want to continusiouly use the dirve, just to hook it up get some stuff on it, and hook it back into the other computer.

oh ok gotcha, then you would need to set your hard drive "boot" priority in your bios, and you would need to swap back and forth between them every time you would want to boot the other drive.

Like... Drive A.(primary) Drive B.(secondary)

change bios to boot drive A.

want to use other drive...

change bios to boot drive B.

need drive A

Ahh, okay, but the slave will still show up as a slave with out an OS, and I will use the windows partition to save on? Because I want to slave it, put stuff on it. And then hook it up, and have a duplicate of everything, and be able to listen to it on that computer as well. A complete backup of music if you will.

uid=[0] said:
You have to have all operating systems installed on the master drive. From there you select between them.

I have windows 98 on a slave drive. I just had to set my boot order to slave first, and it works fine.

burton_o6 said:
I have windows 98 on a slave drive. I just had to set my boot order to slave first, and it works fine.
uh huh, thats what i was saying. you have to set the drive that you want to boot from..... as the first boot device.

uid=[0] said:
oh ok gotcha, then you would need to set your hard drive "boot" priority in your bios, and you would need to swap back and forth between them every time you would want to boot the other drive.

Like... Drive A.(primary) Drive B.(secondary)

want to use other drive...

change bios to boot drive B.

need drive A

Sorry, i didn't notice this post.

Back
Top Bottom