AC Cooling vs. Liquid Cooling

It's peltier cooling

Review of similar case with same cooling (see page 4)
KillaRay said:
....... now i was wondering is this as effective, better or worse than liquid cooling? .......
The thing you must realise is that this is a whole case cooler, not hardware specific, so liquid cooling on specific hardware will give far superior results. The review shows that this set up only drops internal case temps by 1-3°C, the average case with some good quality case fans and tidy cabling can achieve that easily. Add to that the possibility of condesation in an enclosed case I feel it would pose more of a danger than liquid cooling.
My two cents worth :)

condensation wouldnt matter unless theres metal in the air which i doubt. but it is true about more conectrated areas of heating. what you would benefit from though is colder air and if you have good airflow it would make a bigger difference.

so which one is most suggested? any already set up liquid cooling cases available? im trying to set up a new system and i want optimum cooling

Deathstar said:
It's peltier cooling

Review of similar case with same cooling (see page 4)

The thing you must realise is that this is a whole case cooler, not hardware specific, so liquid cooling on specific hardware will give far superior results. The review shows that this set up only drops internal case temps by 1-3°C, the average case with some good quality case fans and tidy cabling can achieve that easily. Add to that the possibility of condesation in an enclosed case I feel it would pose more of a danger than liquid cooling.
My two cents worth :)
Do you know what peltier is? Thats defently not peltier. A pelt cooling system will keep your processor at near freezing temps.

KillaRay said:
so which one is most suggested? any already set up liquid cooling cases available? im trying to set up a new system and i want optimum cooling
frozencpu.com has some availible
http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Modified Cases/se=Custom Watercooled/mp=menu_search.html
I know there are other places out there that have them availible too

The Amish Kid said:
Do you know what peltier is? ......
Did you read the review???
THE REVIEW

Thermoelectric Cooling

Thermoelectric cooling is also known as Peltier cooling as well. It was discovered by a French watchmaker in year 1834. Thermoelectric module is created by the combination of many “p-” and “n-” semiconductors. Basically, this is how it works for Thermoelectric cooling; There are two sides; the electrons' kinetic energy of one side will increase and turn into heat while the kinetic energy of the other side will decrease and the temperature will decrease. There are two heat sinks for both the surfaces of the thermoelectric. The heat sink of the cold side will act as a refrigerator and the hot side will act as heat sink. .....
That is the principle this cases cooling is based on, as with most things there are different variations of the process :) The item you have linked to also uses this principle but is in no way the only peltier cooling system devised, there are plenty of others. Your link is a cpu specific design utilising the peltier method, the case is just a variation on the peltier cooling theme. An open mind is a great asset in the young ;) not everything is black and white, there are grey areas, I hope you have learned something today :D

KillaRay said:
Personally I am tempted to try liquid cooling but I am hesitant for the same reasons you are, a leak would be catastrophic to hardware. There are some good liquid cooling kits out there, already set up cases I'm not sure of what is on the market where you are, there are none available here that I have seen. According to people I know who have liquid cooling it is not really that hard to set up (finding the right coolant mix is tricky) and you have to realise that the radiator will only dissapate heat into the atmosphere in direct correlation to the ambient air temperature. One guy I know is toying with the idea of having his radiator in a small bar fridge, if money is no object then I guess anything is possible :) Also be aware that certain cpu's/gpu's have a "cold bug" where they will not operate at excessively lowered temperatures.
It's a hard call to make, I guess you could read all the reviews on the net and if you have the money anything is possible :)

The concept of using a peltier to cool the case is pretty creative, but that sucks up SO much power. Peltiers use a lot of power and they need it constantly, so if you don't want you electricity bill to go up, don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom