microsoft is planning to put out yet ANOTHER OS!!!

Lets get real here people ...... remember when Vista was Longhorn, it's a working title not a release, and Vista is never going to be the end product OS, who knows it might be a total POS like ME.
Development in this circumstance is always ongoing, they probably have "Fiji's" replacement on the drawing board already as well.
What is the most important factor is workability, I really want to see how superior WinFS is to NTFS.

What the heck are you talking about? Vista is the next Windows OS. 'Vienna' is it's successor. I guess after that, it's 'Fiji'. But, 'Fiji' won't be out before Vista will.

I'm sorry, but you can't seriously start depoleving a new OS before you've even perfected or at least worked on the current one your gettin out. I mean god poeple, finsih one thing first. And I heard some bad stuff about vista like it doesn't allow BTs and such...

alvino said:
Yeah, but they still have editors that occasionally edit Wikis that they come across.

i know, but i guarentee (almost) that they dont catch every thing

Well, duh...considering that theres over a million Wikipedia articles, it takes a while to edit everything. However, some politially or religiously sensitive stuff is locked from the public to edit in fear of someone biased writing something stupid.

IMO, Microsoft just has to sit back an rest a little, they haven't released Vista yet and they're planning a new one?

I'll stick to XP until its obsolete... :p

You guys are forgetting Blackcomb, the successor to Windows Server 2003.

MS must be pretty damn busy, what with all the stuff they put out these days. It takes a good 6 years to get an OS into ship-shape, I'm told.

you know what it is, they've taken so long to do Vista that they figured they would get a head start on the new one

Back
Top Bottom