BSODS. Been a month with no fix(minidumps)

Skatterbrain

Baseband Member
I just realized that I cant add load files onto these forums so you can download them here. The link is slow just give it a minute. http://www.mytempdir.com/640319

Alright I have been getting a handful of different bsods. This is a new machine I just put together about a month ago. There are 13 minidumps total. I have listed them all by a number. A majority of them say memory corruption. But my ram is brand new and passed all the test with no problem. #'s 3,6,10, and 11 give me the same message. However they all have different details so I dont know if they are all the same yet still different. I will just list my specs through everest so you can get a good look at everything. I have a Turbolink 500w psu. I have two 512 sticks of crucial DIMM1: 512 MB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM. I have installed the nforce drivers that came with my cd. Downloaded my display drivers. As well as the latest realtek AC97 drivers. I havent downloaded and other drivers cause it seems that just causes more problems. The only thing I dont understand from the everest readout and my network adapter and my audio adapter. If any more information needs to be posted refering to specs or maybe a hijack this log just let me know I will do ANYTHING to help someone assist me in fixing my problems. Thanks for your time and thanks in advance ^_^.

Field Value
Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name REVOLUTION
User Name Skatterbrain

Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 630, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
Motherboard Name Abit NI8 SLI (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition
System Memory 1024 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (01/09/06)

Display
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS (256 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA NV41

Multimedia
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP04 - Audio Codec Interface

Storage
IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Intel® Edition Parallel ATA Controller
IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Intel® Edition Serial ATA Controller
IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Intel® Edition Serial ATA Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST3300622AS (279 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive DRW-1608P2S
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 286157 MB (271169 MB free)

Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Logitech-compatible Mouse PS/2

Network
Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport (66.177.30.243)

Peripherals
USB1 Controller nVIDIA MCP04 - OHCI USB Controller
USB1 Controller nVIDIA MCP04 - OHCI USB Controller
USB2 Controller nVIDIA MCP04 - EHCI USB 2.0 Controller

Straight away, what comes into my mind is a memory issue.

It seems you probably have a faulty RAM module.

Since you have two, I would remove one, and try it, and then if that doesn't work, remove that and put the other in.

If you find one comes up with no errors, you have the culprit.

You'll be surprised how many people don't relate to the problem of faulty RAM causing BSOD errors here and there.

So its definietly worth a try before anything else :)

Alright I will give that a go. But how long should I test each. Just until it comes up with an error lol? Cause some days I get none. Yet others I get like 5

Basically test one, running every program you have. Quitting, and loading another one.
So use up the memory as much as you can, to test stability.

Alright well im just gonna run WoW for a day until its messes up or the day ends then switch em off. That game definately puts the ram to the test. Besides that I still have to work on my other errors though heh

Okay, well good luck. I hope you find the culprit (if it is that). Seems likely.

I would use memtest86. As kage said, most BSODs are related to Memory more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom