Need Help

now to wait for it to download ty Kage, hope it works and for the great help and ty tech for helping me also

just gota wait the 10 odd minutes to download 28 kb/sec :(

Ouch. Forget what I said about the MSN controlling your PC thing in that case :p

Thanks, and I hope it works too.

ok well i dled it then i extracted it then i went through the setup then! i restarted my comp then it still has the add hardware thing imm give up and smash the f**k outa my comp

Right, try and calm down first of all.

Were obviously not thinking in the right thought processes to get this to work.

We know for sure now, that its not accepting the RealTek drivers.

We will track down the right ones!

With computing, its all about the process of elimination, until you get to the culprit.
Plus, you know what? If you have a bit of money (doesn't even have to be much), buying a proper PCI sound card (very cheap sometimes for even a reasonable good one) wil work wonders for your PC and will have better sound quality to boot.
And, you'll easily be able to install the drivers :p

lol. its 3:44Am i live in australia ive been up since 11pm trying to get sound to come outa my comp ok just 1st off did i do it right?

Yeah, you did it right. It just didn't accept them :(

Check out my edited thread above.

If you say yes to this, I'll go searching for a VERY cheap sound card, which will be tonnes better than the one you have now. Onboard sound is never usually worth the effort.

EDIT:

TRY THIS:

Also, you know you just installed those drivers and restarted?

Try now to automatically find drivers using Add Hardware wizard. See if you get any farther in the intstallation process now. Just a thought :)

hmm sounds like a plan

ill prob buy 1 then

doesnt really matter which 1 i get because i dunno what im looking for :p

Hehe, check out my edited thread above first. Sorry about all of them, but we've been taught not to double post :p

I'll check for sound cards now.

But first, after trying the above, how many sound channels do you need?

Do you only have 2.0/2.1 speakers?
4?
Or maybe more connected up?

Will you want maybe 5.1 in the future?

WAIT!!!! it says something else the file ...

'ALCXWDM.SYS' on realtek ac97 audio driver disk is needed

Back
Top Bottom