Need Help

yeah im not the biggest computer expert myself so im not to sure i know i had the same problem i just went to my motherboard website and downloaded the drivers off there and everything worked mabey try downloading diffrent sound driver versions other then that im not sure what to do hope this helps

i think you might need AC'97 driver try downloading and install that then restart and i will get back to you as soon as possible im at school right now so it might be awhile

Yeah no problem sure hope it is going to help i hate having no sound its not fun. im going to get back to my school work and so on so let me know if it works and ill get back to you later

Thats all you should have to download.

In relation, since you have Windows XP, it should have automatically configured the sound anyway. Thats what I hate about onboard sound!

Anyway, I did a search on your motherboard, since the BIOS numbers have nothing to do with the sound, and came back with this:

ADI 1980 - AC'97 compliant (3D) audio

I tried to search for a download, but couldnt find any matching.

TRY THIS:

Try going to Add Hardware Wizard in the Control Panel, and get it to do a search.

Remove the drivers already listed for the sound, restart, and then get it to do a scan for new hardware.

Set to find the drivers automatically, and see what it finds. Hopefully, it'll find drivers already on your computer (also try placing Windows CD in) and be abe to install them sucessfully.

If it finds a list, try to find one that corresponds closely to the one your after.

I hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom