Need Help

Vaisey

Baseband Member
Hi,
I could really, really use some help. I just recently reformatted my computer and now I apparently have no audio device so I don't have sound on my computer. I've checked the device manager, and according to it, it says that I do have drivers installed. They are the following:
- Audio Codecs
- Legacy Audio Drivers
- Legacy Video Capture Devices
- Media Control Devices
- Video Codecs

Anyone have any thoughts as to why the sound isn't working??

I lost my motherboard driver cd my motherboard is ASUS P4S8X-X 133 megahertz

erm i dont know much about what im doing i used something called Belarc because i didnt know what my motherboard was but it says this

BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS P4S8X-X ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 01/24/2003

what ever that means i really want to get my sound back :(

THANKS!

check your mother board website or just google it like put your mother board name and version and type somthing like audio drivers for "ASUS P4S8X-X ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 01/24/2003" and see if anything comes up hope this helps

You may need to update your BIOS but i dont think you are going to need beta do you rember if you had a diffrent verison of your BIOS since you reformatted if you do then you might need to update your BIOS to your previous version i dont have the same mobo as you so im not sure witch sound drivers you need but it sure would help if you had your mobo disc. and what do you mean by you dont know how to install it?

well.. when i dled it said for windows xp i went into the folder named "W2K_XP"

i click on install and nothing happens

thats odd mabey try restarting your computer my computer somtimes wont open stuff somtimes like that to its really annoying yeah just try that

Back
Top Bottom