Disk Drive...

chris_knows

Banned
Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes...

I have a HP Pavilion ZV6000 series notebook, and I'm still pretty much a noob at computers, but I know some general stuff. My computer won't recognize my disk drive (it recognizes 3 virtual drives however) and when I go to device manager, those 3 drives are under DVD/CD-ROM Drives, but not my physical drive. I've used Starforce Nightmare very recently, and this wouldn't be the first time my computer's done this, but other times I can open Starforce Nightmare, and go to Enable CD. It won't work now though. I'm pretty sure it's not a cable even though the tray won't even come out...I've looked everywhere for the answer, but can't find anything. Thanks in advance :D

By any chance could you try changing the amount of virtual drives, and maybe dropping it to two and then try it?

It may be that you have simply reached the maximum amount of drives available, and either Windows or your motherboard isn't accepting the amount there.

Kage said:
By any chance could you try changing the amount of virtual drives, and maybe dropping it to two and then try it?

It may be that you have simply reached the maximum amount of drives available, and either Windows or your motherboard isn't accepting the amount there.
I'm not sure how though :confused: lol...I'm almost positive it's not that, because it's went up to about 10 virtual drives before, and it worked fine. I'd like to remove those drives anyhow though, how would I do it?

Chris_Knows said:
I'm not sure how though :confused: lol...I'm almost positive it's not that, because it's went up to about 10 virtual drives before, and it worked fine. I'd like to remove those drives anyhow though, how would I do it?

Myself with Virtual stuff I ain't great, so I will try. Isn't your program you are using have a Vurtual Drive deleting thing?

lhuser said:
Myself with Virtual stuff I ain't great, so I will try. Isn't your program you are using have a Vurtual Drive deleting thing?
Actually, I've used 3 different programs for it, but...WAIT I set PowerISO to enable 1 disk (it was disabled before), then opened Starforce Nightmare, and "Enable CD"...It reads them now. Thanks for the help guys, I wouldn't have thought of doing that lol :cool: :D

Haha, just kidding, the problem seems to have come back...probably not coincidentally at the same time when I ran Starforce Nightmare. That's my last time using it, but I can't figure out how to enable to physical drive :confused:...

On the bright side, I figured out how to disable all of my virtual drives :D.

Back
Top Bottom