Boot record not found...

inbrino

Baseband Member
Hi guys,
I have set the boot sequence in BIOS to boot from CD first. I have done this so that I could reinstall windows from the CD.

However, whenever I boot, at the bottom of the screen I see the message 'Searching for boot record from CD ROM...' it then says 'Not found'. The boot then procedes from the harddisk and loads windows.
I then rebooted and tried again. I tried this numerous times. I also tried a linux 'ubuntu live' cd. This also did not work.

So, I decided to set my boot sequence so that the first and second in sequence are CD then floppy. I then disabled the 3rd(harddisk?) Still, windows boots up.

Whats going on!!!???? If the third boot sequence is disabled and boot from harddisk is not set then why is it booting?

And why cant it find a boot record from the CDs I put in?

Any suggestions? Please help!!!

Thanks!

ps sorry if this post pops up several times, something weird keeps happening to my browser

As to the boot record on the cds, are you sure the ISO of Linux was burned correctly?
As to it booting fromt the HD even if it's not listed, not 100% sure on that one- it's new to me. Make sure you can boot another computer with the same cds. If you can, then you have a bad CD ROM, or connection to it.

I think its a bad CD-ROM drive. Try the cds with another computer. Its unlikely that all the CD-ROMs are faulty.

Back
Top Bottom