Nuclear power

I agree it is, but the important issue is what can be done here and now not 30 years down the line. However we have to develop martial and make it econimical.

Kage said:
I believe that is a good idea, and more people should have solar panels, yet again, most climates wouldn't get anything from it.
Here in the UK for example, we see more rain than sun, and not enough at that to generate enough power to run a light bulb.

It's gonna be fine there too. U can't like run the house just with it, unless u don't use much electricity. I know someone who has one at her summer cottage, it's really small yet provides enough electricity for all that they need. That's if the sun shines enough, if there is like 1 week of continuous rain without any sun then it's a good idea not to watch alot of tv etc.

And trust me, it rains alot in here too.

Use it as a source to reduce your cosumpation. America is 5% of the worlds population and I believe the figure is uses 60% of thee energy... 1 American usings just as much power as like 5 other people in other countrise. If you could make this 2.5 you'd see a huge differnece.

I know that a lot of nuclear waste is brought to New Jersey, which isn't too far from me. Knowing that we're just 'dumping' the waste that we've produced somewhere risking the lifes of innocent people, bothers me.

I also see that as of now, there aren't many other choices that we have..

Its a confusing topic all in all.

I went to the nuclear waste disposal plant in sellafield in cumbria and it was INCREDIBLE. Waste is shipped from all over the world to their

The waste was stored in the building and you touched the walls and they were hot because of this waste.

Then we went to bit where they filled up the canisters with the robotic arms. You looked threw 5 FEET of lead lined glass into the compartment.

I asked what would happen if we went in there. He said you would just turn to radioactive sludge instantly. HOW COOL :D :D

Pretty hush hush thier to. Had to sign the offical secrets act and go threw a huge screening process. Had to get special clearence to go into the plant as well. We were the only vistiers there EVER

Also a military presence should be maintained at the waste places, I'm sorry I feel more comfortable with a tank, and a smalla army inside of a nuke plant then I do some renta cop. Place 5 or 6 tanks at each plant with 200 soliders, then see if a terrioist group can take that on :)

Also the transporation of waste to the miines which I talked about they showed a example of what they'd want. basically it'd make a presidintial limo escourt look like childs play, they wnated a heavy military presence, local law enforcement and everything. And they said they'd want a 10 mile clerence of roads. The handling of nuclear waaste, power should not be handled lightly and not by renta-cops.

99nasha said:
I went to the nuclear waste disposal plant in sellafield in cumbria and it was INCREDIBLE. Waste is shipped from all over the world to their

The waste was stored in the building and you touched the walls and they were hot because of this waste.

Then we went to bit where they filled up the canisters with the robotic arms. You looked threw 5 FEET of lead lined glass into the compartment.

I asked what would happen if we went in there. He said you would just turn to radioactive sludge instantly. HOW COOL :D :D

Pretty hush hush thier to. Had to sign the offical secrets act and go threw a huge screening process. Had to get special clearence to go into the plant as well. We were the only vistiers there EVER
That sounds amazing; did you earn something to go, or was it the first time they opened it to visitors?

I do enviromental science at college. We were very lucky, they never accept vistors. But we had contacts :) Best trip ever

i think nuclear power is a great idea, so long as they find a way to get rid of the waste. i think they should be spending money on finding a way to synthesize gasoline or something.

Back
Top Bottom