Problems with SATA II drive

Andrew2020

In Runtime
First off I did google everything and still cannot figure this out...
Two days ago I got a 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10. I have been having nothing but problems with it since I got it.. The day i got it I plugged it in. Enabled my controller in BIOS.. Started up the computer and the drive just would not show up.. I found some Drivers for it laying around my house.. Installed them my system can see the drive yay.. But no now i get and error saying delayed write failure on just about everything I do with the drive.... I did some reading on google to find out this error is sometimes caused by a bad partition.. I had so data to loose so I just formatted and reparation it... But noW I cant open the drive.... After the fact that the drive only sometimes shows up when I start up.... I have been having more problems with this drive. like when it is going to do what I don't want it to it starts clicking non stop.... I was thinking this was a bad drive but if it works sometimes it cant be a bad drive..

System Specs:
AMD 4200+ X2 Processor
ATI x1800 XT Video Card
Asus A8R-MVP MotherBoard (MY onboard SATA :ULI M1575 controller)
2Gb OCZ Ram

I dont really feel like going into more detail but I will if needed to solve the problemmm....
can anyone help me?

Andrew2020 said:
............ like when it is going to do what I don't want it to it starts clicking non stop.... I was thinking this was a bad drive but if it works sometimes it cant be a bad drive..
Definately sounds like a bad drive, the clicking is the read heads, Maxtor doesn't have a very good track record with hdd's, I'd suggest returning it and looking at a Western Digital or a Seagate.

No, its not a bad partition. You have no partition to be bad, you need to format the drive.

i'd just RMA it and see if the other one works.. i'd recommend a hitachi deskstar sata2 though.. i use it, works great.

I found the problem... MAxtor Drives Are not compadable with my ASUS motherboard... I got a Seagate and it works Awesomely FIRST TRY....

Back
Top Bottom