maxed out FPS (monitor caused?)

SilentFury

Baseband Member
this is concerning cs 1.6
even after ive tried using the console command in game "fps_max 75" which is said to let your fps go past 60, it doesn't work
it just tops out at 60 and thats it, it wont go any higher
i think the problem is the display
when it loads the game changes over to 640x480 60hz by itself
how can i get it to run in 640x480 75z?
my monitor supports it, i just don't know how exactly to do it
any help?

why do you need or want to do that, just to say you can? Your mind can't see any difference after about 45fps, so why care? Other than that, I have no idea how to do it, are you trying to benchmark something, or just feel good that it's running at like 1000fps?

you have to turn off vsync otherwise cs 1.6 will cap out at 60 fps. i had the same problem.. then turned it off set fps_max 101 and i get 100 fps constant now... and no.. it isn't your display

is it vsync_off?
and do i have to keep setting vsync_off and the fps_max xxx each time before i play or does doing it once set it

if you're using a videocard... you should be able to permanently turn off vsync via your display settings. once it's off and you set your fps_max to 101... you don't have to worry about it every again.

UMMMM I had figured this out before... All i did was google it.. You go into console and type "developer 1" {enter}.. Then you do the "max_fps 150" or whatever... This will only boost ur Fps by like 30 to 40 cuz that is as high as it goes in that game i think..

alrite thanks
now that thats done with imma make another thread and appreciate if you guys would help me on that as well

Back
Top Bottom