Guide:Make your desktop as cool as mine

G35x

Golden Master
Well, as we all know my desktop just owns, and the objec dock looks amazing so lets show you all at cf just how to make your own icons for ObjectDock. Many people have asked me " man yu have some nice icons" Well you can either make them or download them, since ObjectDock uses the PNG format its fairly simple to make them.. :D Its a simple guide but for some of the noobs who want a nicer desktop, it will help them out.

Ok, so here is my sexy desktop :D

untitled4ki.jpg

Ok first we have to open up photoshop, and use a "transparent" background, as shown here.

pstrans5ew.jpg

After this, you want to open up the image you want to turn into an icon, for me its the firefox eating the IE.

ps23ep.jpg

Now after using the magnetic laso, drag the image over into the transparent background.

ps34cg.jpg

Now, go to save as and make sure you save the file as a PNG

png3nb.jpg

Now right click on the icon on object dock, and then hit change image.

46ee.jpg

Then hit browse, and find the file you want and bam it will come up in object dock!
dd3qy.jpg

Yeah this is why I was hesitant to make the guide, please someone dont come in here saying I want more posts! If I wanted 2 measily posts I wouldve done it some other way. This took some time, not much but some time. I knew it wouldnt really help the "experts" but for some of the new people, like the people who just got objectdock, who just started using windowsblinds ect. Ehh if it helps one person, my job here is done

Nice guide, I know its gonna help some people. Should get put in ArrizX's sticky for guides!

Dev0115 said:
Yeah this is why I was hesitant to make the guide, please someone dont come in here saying I want more posts! If I wanted 2 measily posts I wouldve done it some other way. This took some time, not much but some time. I knew it wouldnt really help the "experts" but for some of the new people, like the people who just got objectdock, who just started using windowsblinds ect. Ehh if it helps one person, my job here is done
Don't worry about it man.. I like this guide and its helpful.
Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom