Ripping music onto a computer.

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
Hokay so I want to rip all these cds onto my computer its just that ripping them onto my lappy would be more convenient then on my desktop, but I would like to transfer them to my desktop. Does anyone know if this is possible.

Yeah, get Windows Media Player 10, if you don't have it already, and the interface above in that website should be the same.

If you don't want to use WMA though (A windows sound format which isn't supported by alot of sound players), then go into Options and change the ripping to use MP3.
I suggest 192kbps as a good ripping bit rate.

I know how to ip the music I just want to rip it onto my lappy then after that lke transfer the files to desktop.

i dont want to share the files I just want all of them to permanently go to the other computer.

Yeah, its definetely possible. Just burn all your mp3's onto a data dvd using Nero, or the built in Win XP burning program. (Just put a blank dvd in your drive, go to my computer, click on whatever drive is your dvd-rw, and drag and drop the music files.) Also, there is another good program out there to do the same job. DeepBurner is a great free program that allows you to burn audio cds, data cds, iso image burning and has support for data cds/dvds. You could also just get a jump drive, and put all the songs there. They're relatively inexpensive and you can get like a 512mb drive for about 20 bucks.

Heres the link for DeepBurner, if you want to check it out.
http://www.download.com/DeepBurner-Free/3000-2646_4-10527371.html?tag=lst-0-1

Back
Top Bottom