Editing Music??

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
hi,
i was about to embark on a mission for my local pub quiz. one of the rounds we do is a music round, where a small sample is played and identified by the contestants. however i have no idea of how i can edit the track down to a ten second clip! i dont think it is possible to do it with windows media player, but are there any free programes out there where i can play with the tracks, and edit the recordings down to lets say the first ten seconds?
i know this is probably going to seem a bit stupid to anyone who has experience in this field, but any help will be appreciated.
woz

I know Winamp can do cause one of my friends made a song for the Century Club game. Not quite sure how it's done though.

ok, i downloaded audacity, i could be gone for some time!!
send out a search party if im not back for dawn.
woz

Yeah, I have to agree that Audicity's a great program for editing audio, and recording it for that matter.

tell me if you think this might be a problem?
audacity has its own file type "aud.. and if our quizmaster does not have audacity on his laptop, he wont be able to play the files will he?
woz

Course he will. It has its own file type for editing and such, so you can open the file to edit more.

But you can export out as Wave, and also MP3.

To export out MP3, you'll need the Lame.dll though which can easily be found here:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=install&i=lame-mp3

You''ll after downloading it and placing it somewhere, have to go into File, Prefrences within Audicity.

Within the File Formats tab, they'll then be an option to Find Library. You simply find the Lame.dll file you downloaded.

You then select bitrate and such to save to, and you then have MP3 exportation from File , Export as MP3:)

Back
Top Bottom