Computer Freeze's

shields89

Beta member
Well, I had this problem a long time ago. Say 4 months, and it happened when i was playing counter strike, i opened up the game and i played a round or two. and then it just froze, as if my ram was being hogged. I still have this problem however i think it has got worse. Happens sometime when using msn, and limewire, and those programs. and i end up restarting the computer and its fine again, until i do something and it may happen again.
as i said i have never had this problem before and i have been doing thsi for about a year. playing counter strike and all. i cant format because the computer did not come with Windows Xp Disc.

Please help:(

These are my computer stats incase you need them:

1.8ghz intel petium 4
256mb Ram
40gb hdd
64mb geforce mx/mx 400

Thanks In Advance
Chris

well your going to need to cut down on the multi tasking. Most programs need more than 256MB and the pentium doesnt help either.

thats weird where it says Post's for him it says "0" weird...and as far as your PC.. its not very extream is it... so youl just need to Ctrl+Alt+Deleat programs

Yeah. But in the past i have been able to do everything, Counter strike with music and msn, all that kind of stuff. but i dont know whats happened. And for the windows pc. the guy that made this pc. cause i got it from a family friend. there must be more then 1 version so the guiy has copied the versions of windows. so i cant do that. And yeah. if i have to i can just go out and buy some RAM. maybe 2x 512 sticks.?

Anyone got any other ideas ?

Also. when i do crt+alt+del and i got to process. there is heaps of shit there. how do i get rid of that without having to go through the list and end it. and even when i try and do that. it wont let me get rid of most of it. and on my other pc. a friend fixed it up and it run really well, and when i went to process on it, it only had explorer. and like 2 other things. which were things i was running at the time.. ?

Please help
Thanks

It could be the RAM. The last time I helped somebody with this problem, his AGP port was damaged. I downgraded him to a PCI VGA and it was fine. Not the best solution but a solution on budget.

i wouldn't really bother trying to upgrade this computer too much.. at the end.. it'll be unupgradable and the RAM would probably go to waste... if it's freezing your computer is probably just old and can't handle the workload anymore.

You've got a bunch of Dynamic Library Links in your system files that are causing a high paging activity. I think they call it Belady's anomoly. The operating system is not able to govern memory at some point because those DLLs keep entering and exiting the processor control cache.

You could do what was suggested and get a Professional XP OEM for less than a hundred on Pricegrabber or something. There really is no other way once programs have added-on to your system files to badly.

Back
Top Bottom