7600GT. I need one of these.. But what one?

As far as video cards goes using the PCI-express x16 slot, they may or may not need that extra power connector. More of the higher performance video cards require an extra power plug to give it extra juice to power the video card. The power dongle is just the regular power plug that comes out of any standard power supply should your video card need it. So any power supply will work with that video card as long as it it's 350watts or higher. If you SLi them, then you need a new power supply. That thing draws 18amps, wow.

so the computer in my sig wont need a 70 dollar powersupply...sweet now i can use 40 bux to help buy the 1x2gb dual channel ram:)

OMG, that Aspire PSU will dominate over what you have no problem. I have slightly higher specs than you and I'm using that Aspire PSU. But you already have a 480 PSU though.

no i dont have one...the computer in my sig is what im going to build...as in i dont have it yet :)....i will build it and the end of may most likely...so im prolly going to get that aspire psu...is it the exact one u ahve???? thx

Hmm, so it looks what I have will work. Thanks all!

But do I need to worry about the amps for this card? Just becaus I have the wattage in the PSU that automaticly means I have the amperage?

I'm not sure what PSU you have as far as amperage goes. I know the Aspire one can handle it because it supports dual 12V @ 18amps output. If you ever want to buy a PSU, that would be a good one to get and it's only $40.

ArrizX said:
Hmm, so it looks what I have will work. Thanks all!

But do I need to worry about the amps for this card? Just becaus I have the wattage in the PSU that automaticly means I have the amperage?
When are you getting the card man??

I personally have a eVGA 7600GT. I got a free copy of AOEIII, but I haven't played it yet.. So far it runs great though. :)

Oh, and for the record, my PSU has 33Amps on the +12v, 460 watt

Back
Top Bottom