A werid a** question, about a water cooler and a PC!

ChampMark

Baseband Member
Alright, I got a little cheap ac unit, that is just not cutting the mustard. I'm the kind of person that has a fan on them during the night, even if it's below 30F outside. I like frost hanging off my nose. If I'm sleeping a fan is on me.

I live with my parents still and they have a huge arse water cooler ya know. My question is this, beings I have a laptop and 2 computers, and a monitor TV, quite a few electronics in a small room. I'm wondering would it damage them, from all the mist that would come out of it. Or humidity etc.

I mean, my room is small. And I leave my Bathroom door open while a take a shower and stuff, so I can watch tv (I have the tv mounted on the wall). My shower isn't more then eight feet away from my electronics. And nothing has blow up etc. When I get done with a shower, all my screens are misty.

I've had no problems. I do know, that from reading Mobo manuals etc. They get you a humidity or condensation percentage. My parents think it would dmg my machines. But I was thinking what's the difference between the shower and the cooler. The only big differnece is the cooler will be on a lot longer. And well at least 8 hrs a day.

I like my room windy, ya know.

What do you guys think?

i think it should be ok but it might be a good idea to just turn the comps off, i wouldnt wana risk blowing my comp up even if it is just a small risk

Well, I live in california. And I don't need to remove moisture out of the air really. I just wanted to safe guard my electronics. It'd be kinda nice to run into mold around here. Kinda got almost the tumble weed effect if people do agriculture.

Thanks guys though for your thoughts.

The best way to safeguard all your devices is to just keep the room very cool all the time. Unfortunately, none of us can afford to leave the AC on all the time. But if you're constantly bombarded by moisture levels, the humidifier is a good thing to get. Normal room temperature shouldn't affect your things too much. It's within tolerable limits.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. As long as there is air circulating in your room, it should be fine, I think.

this is semi off topic but you said you run your comp 24/7. its usualy a good idea to turn it off when your not using it. proccessors work better when they are cooler and turning it off takes of stresses on the hardware allowing it to run longer and better.

Unless the PC itself is overheating or running extremly high temp, it should be ok if it's running consistently under 5o degrees celsius on a 24/7 basis. We have workstations at work that run on a constant 48-49 degrees celsius all year long without shutting down. Works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom