ATi drivers..

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
Hey, I'm probably getting the Radeon 9250 for pci today and I was wondering if I should use the drivers on the cd. I looked up on the website and I think you can download directly from there. Would this be better than actually installing from the cd because I know that old drivers cause a lot of problems. Also, when I'm installing the card, can I just disable the onboard video using device manager and not having to mess with the BIOs? What things do I have to install anyway? Just the Catalyst drivers or the ATI multimedia center and hydravision as well? I'm only going to be running one crt on this card. I'm trying to keep this install trouble free, so all suggestions would be appericated.

(BTW, if anyone has the Radeon 9250 for pci, just list what games you can play at what fps, and what settings you're running the games. Thanks)

Here's the link for the driver site
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

The website usually have more up to date drivers and that's where I would go. When I got my 7800GT, I didn't even use the drivers from it. I looked at Nvidia's site, and they're drivers are like totally new if you match their dates and version.

Yes, you can disable the onboard video from Device Manager too.

Yeah, your right its best to download from the site.

And you have to get into the BIOS to disable the onboard video. But trust me, its really really easy :) We can show you if you want. But also you can set the moniter when you go to display properties, and the settings tab. Im not sure though.

That thought never came up for me as I'm so use to the BIOS to do it. The Device Manager has that option to disable the deivce, whatever you pick from there.

i have the 9250. its an awesome card for pci.

i could play far cry, fear, call of duty 2, battlefield 1942, ms flight sim 2004, and some other games i dont wanna remember right now. but when i try to run battlefield 2 on it, it like overheats or something.

Ah, thanks guys. I just came back from the store.. so happy!! I know the card isn't that great and all, but I've been waiting and researching for a couple of months. Gonna install it tomorrow.
Final check, is there any possible way to just update from the catalyst program itself? I was thinking about just using the cd because then it'd be easier just updating from there, than downloading each component. I'm not sure what things to download from the driver site. I know I need the Cataylst software, but do I need ATI Multimedia Center 9.13, and HYDRAVISION ? On the site it says the ATI Multimedia Centerâ„¢ found herein is provided as an UPDATE to previous versions included on original installation CDs for supported products. I'm guessing I should use the cd just for the 1st installation process, then update from the cataylst thing to get all

Back
Top Bottom