updating drivers?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i figured i can keep everything up-to-date by upgrading all of my drivers. how do i do that? i went to the device manage, right clicked on what i wanted upgraded, and check look for online, but it never does.

Look at the driver. And then search for the drivers on the internet manually. It takes time, but you can find most of them. And if you find drivers that are a bigger numbers then whats on your computer, you download and install it. Try going to the manufactures site first, then 3rd party.

i went to gateway.com but they can't recognize my serial number for some retarded reason.

drumthrasher said:
i went to gateway.com but they can't recognize my serial number for some retarded reason.

Are you sure you are entering it correctly? Is there like a service tag somewhere?

Gateway keeps track of all the key updates for your system, sometimes. I use to own a Gateway before and they usually don't give you an update if there's no serious issue with the old driver even though there are new drivers out. What I would do is find out what kind of parts you have in your PC and search online to that particular manufacturer to install updated drivers. Do a Microsoft Update too.

i did a 'driver detective' scan and it said that my display adapter nvidia geforce 6100 is i guess out of date even though i just went to nvidia and got the new ones, and the IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers.

Your best bet is going to the individual driver sites. Just search on google, for each part and you should get some hits. I dunno why you're trying to update every driver though. The only thing you really need to keep on top of is video drivers, to offer support for newer games. If nothing is causing a problem, you don't really need to update the drivers for that device. Here are the links for the ATI card drivers, and Nvidia card drivers..

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Back
Top Bottom