Lookin for a network card

Yeah, its hella old. And a dell :(

P4, 1.6ghz
256 SD DDR ram
40gb hard drive

:p

EDIT>
Anyways, care to explain exactly why you chose that then any others. I see the speed, but I dont know what the mobo can support anyways. But it looks like a good card. Then again so do the other 100 clone cards :D

I tried a gigabit card and it never got to gig speed. It's really a waste if you're not on a commerical network.
As for you arrizx you can get any 10/100 net card and be ok.

Hmm.. Well, even if you couldnt get to a gig, did you get faster then 100mbs? Although, im sure that 100mbs would do it.

But if a gig card didnt get a gig, wouldnt rule of thumb say that a 100meg card wouldnt make 100megs?

Hey, I need to post again. Because it didnt that 20 second thing, and still shows Seti as the last post. Even though i posted. So this is to make it look like I posted. If anyone follows.

Haha, yeah pretty much all motherboards now have Gigabit LAN ports as the standard ports. Anyhoo, I would go with Linksys, Netgear or D-Link. Those three are probably the most reputable of them all.

well my internet is 5mbs (megabits per second) and thats 100 megabits per second so u do the math lol, ur internet will never use that much so u can get a 100mbs card and it will work fine

To be honest, all of those on newegg will do the same job, apart from if they are gigabit cards.

I use a PCI NIC on every computer I use, I prefer doing that. Ive use on on my computer with three ports, and its really good, you can use the ports for different things and such.

But if you dont want anything much, anything will do to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom