My thoughts on a few things..

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.. I made this thread to address a couple concerns of mine. I've been with CF for approximately a year now, and in that year I have not seen such things happen.

I hope that my point of view is not percieved wrong. I am not attacking anyone personally, at all, as I do believe the issues we face are as a result of the people of the community, and only as a community shall we fix them, together.

Okay, so lets begin going over some of these issues..

Disrespect of Moderators
I've seen this to be a somewhat growing issue, in some of the newer threads that have begun to sprout amoung ComputerForums. I'm upset that it has come to the point where the members of CF will actually insult the people in control of running things at CF.

The moderators of CF volunteer their time for free, and are responsible for keeping the community clean and enjoyable for us. I respect them for that, because without the proper moderators, CF would not be a place I'd enjoy to be. I like to consider CF to be like a real community of people, where we all can have intellectual discussions, and learn from each other. Although, every community has its sour apples as well, and thats where the moderation team comes in and helps out..

Regardless, if you like the personal member or not, I think you owe them respect for everything they've done (respecting regular members is as important as well).

Does post count matter that much?
It seems to be a growing idea that people need to achieve this large amount of posts for respect, or power. As a result, I've seen more and more threads / replies with really no productivity. I think that it might be rooting down to this idea of power related to the post count.

Let me just repeat this, as I've said it before: 'You don't deserve respect because of your post count. You earn respect by the way you treat people and how you contribute to this community.'

I hope that eventually people stop with this attempt just to increase their post count, as it really proves nothing and in the end just adds more junk to the community. Instead, post a thread / reply with productive meaning, or advice or begin to help out the members when you can.

By the way.. I know a lot of people post frequently, and their post count doesn't matter to them. If you don't think this pertains to you, it doesn't.

Recent community abuse
Recently the community has been abused in several ways including spam, threats, and in one case, an actual cracking attack. CF has and will continue to bounce back from these incidents.

I'd like to ask that everyone involved in the planning or execution of these acts reconsider before doing so, as your not adding to the community in any positive way, and your just causing more trouble for yourself.

How far does loyalty go?
As far as recent events cover, I've been asked by multiple people who have been banned or mistreated, to 'fight' for them to come back. I'd like to explain my point of view so that you'll understand my choice to remain neutral on these issues.

As the person I am, I do not engage in any fight or argument until I've heard both sides completely and can make an unbiased decision. Now, in most cases, I only hear one side and I simply can't make a fair judgement with that without having the facts presented from the other side. With that said, I simply wouldn't fight for you to come back..

Another reason I would not fight for you to come back is I'd like to prevent being banned myself. In most cases, posting controversial issues will cause issues and fights, and I'd like to prevent such things on this community as its not needed.

If you ask me to, and I know the facts, I don't see a problem in defending anyone but I need to know the facts from both sides first. And, I will not fight to the point of causing problems. The most I'd do is state my point of view, and let it be done with that.. then its the moderator's / administrator's choice.

For some of you this bit will make sense but for most of you, it probally won't.

Conclusion
Okay, I'm going to conclude with the fact that all I'd like to see is this community prosper. I would go to any extent to help out CF with that goal, and I know most of the members would agree on that point. I just see a few issues that are creating controversy, and I believe that some people need to realize them and stop them before they grow to create bigger issues.

Please remember that this is not a personal attack in any way to anyone, and as always I would not like to argue with anyone. With that said, please post only respectful replies and no flaming please. :)

Hmm.. Very well said.

But not well enough.
*banned; closed*

;)

Anyways...

Disrespect of Moderators
I've seen this to be a somewhat growing issue, in some of the newer threads that have begun to sprout amoung ComputerForums. I'm upset that it has come to the point where the members of CF will actually insult the people in control of running things at CF.

The moderators of CF volunteer their time for free, and are responsible for keeping the community clean and enjoyable for us. I respect them for that, because without the proper moderators, CF would not be a place I'd enjoy to be. I like to consider CF to be like a real community of people, where we all can have intellectual discussions, and learn from each other. Although, every community has its sour apples as well, and thats where the moderation team comes in and helps out..

Regardless, if you like the personal member or not, I think you owe them respect for everything they've done (respecting regular members is as important as well).

Well, I mean, I dont see it totally obserd for some shit to hit the fan around here. I mean, im sure people talk crap about me and stuff on aim/msn. And even ive seen it done on the forums. To tell you the truth, it really doesnt hurt my feelings. Because I couldnt care less. But what gets me, is people think im soft. I mean, there was one member not to long ago. He was fairly new here. He was always swearing and disrespecting everyone. I asked him to stop, he called me a Nazi mod blah blah. I warned him at least three times In 5 minutes, and then I gave him a last warning. He was all like ''***k you,
Nazi mods dont turn me on.''
And I baned him. That is when the point of disrespect is untolerable. But, other then that im easy going. Or I try to be.

Does post count matter that much?
It seems to be a growing idea that people need to achieve this large amount of posts for respect, or power. As a result, I've seen more and more threads / replies with really no productivity. I think that it might be rooting down to this idea of power related to the post count.

Let me just repeat this, as I've said it before: 'You don't deserve respect because of your post count. You earn respect by the way you treat people and how you contribute to this community.'

I hope that eventually people stop with this attempt just to increase their post count, as it really proves nothing and in the end just adds more junk to the community. Instead, post a thread / reply with productive meaning, or advice or begin to help out the members when you can.

By the way.. I know a lot of people post frequently, and their post count doesn't matter to them. If you don't think this pertains to you, it doesn't.

Post count may matter to most. But it also can show a sign of respect. Really, say your new here. Would you take advice from someone with 3 posts, or someone with like 5,000? That is one reason for post count. Although, posts shouldnt be counted in certain areas of the forum. But, I see alot of memebers that are here, and ONLY post here in the social lounge. Its really annoying. They just want a high post count. But for what? There is no reason, because they arnt being constructive in anyway. But whatever.

Recent community abuse
Recently the community has been abused in several ways including spam, threats, and in one case, an actual cracking attack. CF has and will continue to bounce back from these incidents.

I'd like to ask that everyone involved in the planning or execution of these acts reconsider before doing so, as your not adding to the community in any positive way, and your just causing more trouble for yourself.

To tell you the truth, spam is annoying as hell. But it is funny to see what people can come up with. And how origional they are. Really, amorssang isnt origional. Neither was HRHunteRHR nor xxcobraxx. But its always interesting to clean up. But never actually fun to do. But at times it keeps me busy.

How far does loyalty go?
As far as recent events cover, I've been asked by multiple people who have been banned or mistreated, to 'fight' for them to come back. I'd like to explain my point of view so that you'll understand my choice to remain neutral on these issues.

As the person I am, I do not engage in any fight or argument until I've heard both sides completely and can make an unbiased decision. Now, in most cases, I only hear one side and I simply can't make a fair judgement with that without having the facts presented from the other side. With that said, I simply wouldn't fight for you to come back..

Another reason I would not fight for you to come back is I'd like to prevent being banned myself. In most cases, posting controversial issues will cause issues and fights, and I'd like to prevent such things on this community as its not needed.

If you ask me to, and I know the facts, I don't see a problem in defending anyone but I need to know the facts from both sides first. And, I will not fight to the point of causing problems. The most I'd do is state my point of view, and let it be done with that.. then its the moderator's / administrator's choice.

For some of you this bit will make sense but for most of you, it probally won't.

Word of advice, dont get involed with banned people. It only gets you in trouble. I personally know. For all you banned people. Do what Dev did,and dont do what he didnt do. He contacted me and look what happened to him. He contacted three other people. And look where it went with them. He only got back because he spoke with me. And one of the other members pissed me off so much, because he kept annoying me about it. And in turn, I got mad at Dev for asking the member to do it. I was thourighly pissed by then. But either way I got him back. And finally told the other kid to shut up :p

Anyways, just a bit of common sense when doing anything of the sort.

Conclusion
Okay, I'm going to conclude with the fact that all I'd like to see is this community prosper. I would go to any extent to help out CF with that goal, and I know most of the members would agree on that point. I just see a few issues that are creating controversy, and I believe that some people need to realize them and stop them before they grow to create bigger issues.

Please remember that this is not a personal attack in any way to anyone, and as always I would not like to argue with anyone. With that said, please post only respectful replies and no flaming please. :)

I think that we need to prune out all the annoyances, then the community will have much room to grow. Although, added (software) security wouldnt hurt ;)

And I do need to say, that I mentioned myself in here alot, not to show off or anything. Just so I didnt single out anyone and piss them off. Although, I dont think Dev would have a problem. Becuase hes pretty level headed about things. :)

great post!
I do agree with all the statements, and post count has some effect, but very little. I do respect someone who has 2000 posts more than someone with 5. But this is just because the one who has 5 posts hasn't been here for long and so I don't know anything about him.

As u said, there are many better ways to gain respect than to post alot.

Amorssang, just because I cant prove its your, doesnt mean I dont know its you. One more stupid comment, and Ill ban you.

☼The Eyes☼ said:
I shed a tear...err...oh wait, that's not a tear but the sweat rolling off my forehead from reading such an incredibly boring and long post.

Was that necessary? It didn't contribute anything to the thread. Also go away.

Ontopic: I agree wholly with Bahawolf, I couldn't care less about my post count and neither should anyone else.

And the spammers and issues like that happen on all the forums I've been to. So either I must bring them with me or it happens to every forum in existance.

☼The Eyes☼ shouldnt be welcomed here, because he isnt welcome here. He is a previous spamming using a proxy.

Back
Top Bottom